Horror Movies

The Mist was great, although it doesn't end that way in the story, just to let you know.

I just saw H2 and it just don't have that creepy vibe of the first 2 Halloweens by Carpenter.

I don't know, Rob Zombie's remake I think was more creepy than the original, probably because he put so much symbolism and rage into Michael's character.

A new one that good reviews is "Trick 'r Treat" which is Four interwoven stories that occur on Halloween: An everyday high school principal has a secret life as a serial killer; a college virgin might have just met the one guy for her; a group of teenagers pull a mean prank; a woman who loathes the night has to contend with her holiday-obsessed husband.

is it just me or are horror films not actually horrific?

films like videodrome, jacobs ladder, susperia i would say are good horror films as they have an atmosphere thats created that just unsettles you completely.....

but most other things, especially anything from late 90's onwards, are just attractive teenagers in situation A or B, in a forest or something, and they rely on cheap jumps and shocks and gore. which = fail to me.

is it just me or are horror films not actually horrific?

films like videodrome, jacobs ladder, susperia i would say are good horror films as they have an atmosphere thats created that just unsettles you completely.....

but most other things, especially anything from late 90's onwards, are just attractive teenagers in situation A or B, in a forest or something, and they rely on cheap jumps and shocks and gore. which = fail to me.

two of the best films ever made.