dawn of the dead

poltergeist

Jan 7, 2004
Texas
i think its badass that some of the best movies of all time are being remade.
ive heard the texas chainsaw massacre remake was awesome which is good because the other three remakes of that movie sucked so bad. the new dawn of the dead looks badass too. even freddy v. jason was cool even tho it really should have been freddy vs. pinhead. any other horror afficionados here?

its funny the passion is now selling less tickets than dawn of the dead

its funny the passion is now selling less tickets than dawn of the dead
Passion has been out for THREE weeks. It has raked in nearly $3M. It STILL made $19M this last weekend. This film is responsible for pulling the Box Office out of its slump (ahead of last year, this time, by comparison). Dawn Of The Dead was pushed back just a little so it wouldn't have to compete. Expect its weekly dropoff to be far sharper. Also, do you think it's going to make $3M? Nope.

As a huge fan of the original (and its soundtrack), I dreaded a Dawn remake. But the more I've heard of it, and seen (the first ten minutes, as shown on USA last week), has made me very optimistic. It looks like it'll be a worthy remake, for once.

P.S. How can you like crud like Freddy vs. Jason? Are you one of the same guys who goes to see every new Halloween flick. Shame! :loco:

LordFireworm said:
No-one who thinks that the new remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a good thing, could possibly be considered a "horror afficionado".

well then jerk off why dont you tell me whats so bad about it?
you just expected it to be better than the original which it isnt but that doesnt make it bad automatically

besides freddy versus jason wasnt that bad even if it was kinda cheezy and predictable. thats why i said it should have been freddy vs pinhead on account of jason movies sucking so bad