horror movies

Lord Ilpalazzo said:
No one ever seems to mention Dellemorte, Dellamore (aka: Cemetery Man). It's possibly one of the greatest horror films ever produced.

I loved that movie. I am a big Italian Horror fanatic.
Dario Argento, Lucio Fulci, Michele Soavi, Mario Bava.

The new Dawn of the Dead just goes to show how Hollywood ruins movies. It was such total bullshit. See the original. Zombies don't run. The only thing that was at all related to the original Dawn was the mall and they screwed that up too.

Ginger Snaps, 28 Days Later, Suspiria, Tenebrae, Inferno, Zombi, The Beyond, City of the Living Dead, Stage Fright, Mute Witness, The Church, Tombs of the Blind Dead, Torso, Cannibal Holocaust, and on and on.

I rather liked the Dawn remake. I mean, it wasn't a classic or anything, but I always liked the idea of fast zombies. It amps things up a little.

Slow zombies = run past them or push them down

Fast zombies = your good and fucked

Plus the running zombie thing is nothing new, look at Return of the Living Dead (fast AND they won't go down with a simple blow to the cranium) and Nightmare City.

If you were a mindless, hungry zombie, wouldn't you chase after your food at full sprinting speed rather than shuffle after it like a retard?

@Tye: I didn't even know there was a sequel to Battle Royale (I'll have to look for it).

I agree that running zombies are the scariest. Return of the Living Dead was fucking classic; especially the part when the zombies bust out of the graves and "Partytime"by 45 Grave starts playing. I think the Cramps are on that soundtrack too if I'm not mistaken.