jaded horror fans

yeah, the second one is a total rehash of the first one and the last one they try to give the Cube an orgin which is terrible. Plus some of the worst over acting that you could possibly imagine. One moment they are trying to go for comedy and the next...very serious. it didnt work at all.

If you are looking for something fun....Borderland. it is one of those 8 Films to Die For. based on a real story....yes as crazy as it sounds. I watched a doc on it and then literally the next week I saw this film. The DVD also includes footage and interviews from the detectives on the real case. It is about a couple of college kids who go over the border to party and end up mixed up with a cult of drug dealers who want to use "gringo blood" for a ceramony that will help thier drug trade. It is actually a real well made film.

For anyone on the fence.....check out The Mist. fantastic film.

It is about a couple of college kids who go over the border to party and end up mixed up with a cult of drug dealers who want to use "gringo blood" for a ceramony that will help thier drug trade. It is actually a real well made film.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry, I found this extremely humorous.

yeah, it is a true story. One night I watched this hour long show on the real case and I was like....this will make a great film one day...a few days later I saw this and picked it up and it was about the story with a few changes. The real body count was like 13 or 14 and they made one of the drug dealers dig up the bodies, it is even on the video of him showing everyone where they buried the bodies or body parts since they were cut into pieces. For the ringleader of the whole cult....I will leave that to the people who want to watch the real story doc.

I'm not a fan of gore based horror. Gore or shock horror does little for me. Some movies seem to be all about trying to be disgusting. I guess its because I don't find fake things to be disgusting (and since its a movie I know it to be fake), that and I grew up enjoying watching surgeries on TV.

So is this still a movie I might enjoy?

I'm not a fan of gore based horror. Gore or shock horror does little for me. Some movies seem to be all about trying to be disgusting. I guess its because I don't find fake things to be disgusting (and since its a movie I know it to be fake), that and I grew up enjoying watching surgeries on TV.

So is this still a movie I might enjoy?

I agree. I am not a fan of the films that have gore, just to have gore. If it is a part of the story...then great. That is like films that try to offend, usually end up just being stupid. There is a vast difference in the films that cover touchy topics like Irreversable to crap fest that are shot on video with tons of gore just to have it in the film thinking it is going to offend people.

Borderland is enjoyable for the story itself. There is some gore but it isnt a bloodbath or anything. It is more of a "we are in a bad situation" type film.

Anyone ever seen "The cube"?

The Cube was AMAZING. I was super excited to see Cube 2: Hypercube because of the hyperdimensional physics associated with it, but man what a let down. The acting was terrible, and the plot was pretty lame.

Cube Zero had some really cool death scenes, but the plot was bad and it ruined the origin of the Cube story for me.

The Cube is definitely the best. And I agree about the sequels. The whole 'wtf' with the origin of the cube just annoyed me.

There are so many good foreign films out there it's insane, my friends who don't like to be "reading while watching a movie" as they put it have no idea what they are missing. "City Of God" for example, one of the best movies you will ever see.

Now that my eyes are sort of fixed I think I can finally get away with reading and watching the movie.....