jaded horror fans

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
If anyone is a horror movie fan and sick of the japanese remakes, teen horror films and just badly made direct to DVD movies. You need to check out this film I picked up this weekend. It is called "Inside". Dimension Extreme released it this week. It is a lousy label that puts out tons of crap but this is the jem that will forever be overlooked due to the generic cover art and name. I have seen a zillion horror films but nothing has ever had an impact or distrubed me ever. Since I know it is a film....it is kind of like...oh thats neat.

"Inside" is defenetly not a date film. Even a film for everyone. It touches on a definete taboo subject. Childbirth. The film is about this couple who are in a car accident. The wife is pregnant. The husband dies and she is alone with child about to be due. The day before she is going to go to the hospital to deliver a mysterious woman appears at her door wanting to come in. What first starts out as a crazy person trying to get in the house type film turns into a gorefest. The best part is that the people in the film can act and it isnt cheap looking...asides some of the digital effects. Basically this women wants this baby. Even to the point of just taking it from her womb, which she tries a few times in the film. This film is full of..."they wont go there" moments.

Any horror fan looking for something great. Pick this up. Buy it, rent it. I havent been this excited about a horror film since 28 Days later and Black Sheep.

I havent been this excited about a horror film since 28 Days later and Black Sheep.

David Spade + Chris Farley = WIN!!!

Not as good as TOMMY BOY, but still has its moments!

INSIDE sounds interesting....
Personally, I always preferred more thriller than true gore..
The original EXORCIST is pure horror perfection, in my book, though I am sure Bob will disagree, as he has seen a zillion more horror films than I have.

No, The Exorcist is one of my favorite films. I agree. I hate gore just for the sake of having it. But in "Inside", it is needed to tell the gruesome story. It is a part of the film itself, I think that is why it works so well. I hate crap gore films like Hostel and films like that just trying to shock you with gore. Another great thriller horror is ILS (Them), currently being remade as The Strangers. Really good cat and mouse type film with some odd people trying to enter this house of this couple. Very generic plot but it works on that....If I was there type of thing.

Black Sheep is thie great austrailian horror comedy about killer sheep. It sounds odd but it is fantastic.

oh yeah....."Inside" is a french film so if you hate reading subtitles...this film isnt for you. There is a badly done dubbed track though.

There are so many good foreign films out there it's insane, my friends who don't like to be "reading while watching a movie" as they put it have no idea what they are missing. "City Of God" for example, one of the best movies you will ever see.

There are so many good foreign films out there it's insane, my friends who don't like to be "reading while watching a movie" as they put it have no idea what they are missing. "City Of God" for example, one of the best movies you will ever see.

City of God is fantastic....also very very scary. I always recomend that film to everyone. Along with Paradise Now, The Tunnel, Caracandiru, and many more. There is lots of great film out there for those who dont mind reading.

there was a trailer for StormWarning on the disc. Looks like something I would hate.

I am very interested in seeing Frontiers though. Watched a trailer a while back and it looked good.

The French have been kicking it up a notch it seems. Good to see.

"Inside" really sticks with you. I have been thinking about it all morning long.

I love Horror Movies, but I prefer crappy B-grade ones. You know... Evil Dead style. Army of Darkness. Nightmare on Elm Street. Hellraiser.

Those are hardly what I would call B-grade.
You listed all Hollywood horror movies.

Check out Bloodsucking Freaks, Horror Hospital, Gates of Hell, etc...

Another great classic is Phantasm.

I shall check this one out when I get time.

I personally like the Italian horror films the best, but will watch some incredibly bad zombie films. A few to check out from that category: Premutos and Zombie Doom have some of the worst dubbing you will ever hear, but there is a lot of violence.

jason I just bought Phantasm the other day, remember watching that as a kid! haha. it was funny finding out that an intro sound byte from the 'Waste is a quote from Phantasm. "We're gonna snag that tall dude and drive a stake right through his goddamn heart..."

And Bob, is Black Sheep that good!? I saw it today walking around in Wal-Mart in SC and I think im going to download it when I get back...seemed good with a quotes as Super-gorey and over the top fun-gags..

But last quality horror movies imho are Feast and The Descent

If you guys like horror, I rented this movie about a year and a half ago called Altered. It's a horror/sci-fi film about this group of friends that got abducted by these aliens about 10 years or so before the movie takes place. The aliens come back and they manage to actually capture one and hold it hostage. It has some of the most disturbing scenes I've seen in quite some time. I highly recommend it if you are into alien abduction and gorish horror. The quality is top notch also as far as camera and effects.

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=10WnaJl_cEo[/ame]

http://www.alteredmovie.com/

Amelie
Rabbit in the moon
Persepolis

3 good Foreign movies for ya right there.

Amelie is great. I also love the directors early works too. Have you seen A Very Long Engagment? great film.

there are so many great foriegn film out there. People are just too lazy to read while watching a movie. I hate that excuse. Sure sometimes I cant do it because I am tired. But to completly not wanting to watch something because you have you read is very sad.

I also love the directors early works too. Have you seen A Very Long Engagment? great film.

I have not, I will check it out.

there are so many great foriegn film out there. People are just too lazy to read while watching a movie. I hate that excuse. Sure sometimes I cant do it because I am tired. But to completly not wanting to watch something because you have you read is very sad.

100% Agreed.