The Best Horror Film of 2006

What is your favorite horror film of 2006?

• Hostel

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • When A Stranger Calls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tamara

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Final Destination 3

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • The Hills Have Eyes

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Stay Alive

• Slither

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Silent Hill

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • An American Haunting

• See No Evil

• The Omen

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Lady In The Water

• The Descent

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Pulse

• The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: The Beginning

• The Grudge 2

• Saw III

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Night Of The Living Dead 3-D

• Turistas

• Black Christmas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EvilVince

Satan Christ
Dec 16, 2001
Morristown, Arizona
myspace.com
I'm a really big horror movie buff, so I thought it'd be interesting to do a poll and see what you all thought were the best horror films this year. A lot of great gory films in 2006 (The Hills Have Eyes, Hostel, Black Christmas), and a lot of really bad ones (Pulse, Stay Alive, The Covenant). Like any year really. Anyways, here's my top ten list of horror films for 2006:

1. Slither
2. The Descent
3. Black Christmas
4. Hostel
5. The Hills Have Eyes
6. Final Destination 3
7. Silent Hill
8. Lady In The Water
9. Snakes On A Plane (Not horror, really, but still very entertained)
10. The Omen

All theatrical releases only included. But I'm sure there's a ton of great straight-to-video shit I still haven't seen yet. I hope.

-Vince

Don't really go to movies... matter of fact, I don't really even watch movies any more. The only things I've actually watched on my TV in ages would be Pirates 2 and Wrath of the Norsemen.

i haven't seen half of all these movies but i voted for Silent Hill cause it was really well done in my opinion.. and the photography in this movie is truly great if you pay attention to it..
by the way... Slither was a fucking joke! haha i laughed all along.
and Saw 3 was like Saw 2.. which means shitty compared to the greatness of the first.

I'm so glad no one said Stay Alive. Any movie that is being passed off as a horror film with the douche that playes Malcolm in the Middle should NEVER be released. Watching that movie is time I will never get back. It was the video game rip off of the Ring. Just like Feardotcom was the internet rip off of the Ring. Hail to Slasher and Zombie flicks.

i voted for The Omen.... coz it was the only film i've seen from the whole list... nontheless it was not a horror film in my opinion.... it was more a thriller... it had certain shocking scenes but from the rest i think it is a a
masterpiece.

I voted for Silent Hill. Particularly because I'm a big fan of the videogame series aswell, and they translated it better than I was ever expecting to the big screen. Plus Sean Bean played a character that didn't die for once. That's gotta mean something.

The Decent. It was very effective at using the environment and the cinematography to convey fear and panic before the monsters ever even showed up. Others like The Hills have eyes were entertaining because of the high amount of action and violence, but the Decent had something a bit more.

I am going to have to say Silent Hill or The Descent.
I'm sorry, but I thought Hostel and The Hills Have Eyes sucked. I wasn't a big fan of See No Evil either.

I don't have a weak stomach for anything, but I know had I seen "The Hills Have Eyes" in a theater I would have left at the rape scene. That was the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Rape scenes I hate beyond anything, and especially of such a young beautiful girl. The way they tried to put humour into it as well with the retard cheering out of pleasure just made me sick. On top of that, haveing the mother killed and the father burned alive further fucked with me. It was just brutal, not scary at all. Like my brother said: "The guy who made this movie... must be... sick."

Haven't seen many scary movies lately, pretty much nothing compares to the likes of "The Shining" etc.

On a side note, this much be the best horror of the upcoming year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-l93gltkCc&eurl=
WARNING! LOT'S OF CHEESINESS!

No one likes rape scenes. Well no one that I know anyway. The Hills Have Eyes sucked. I had been told all of these different things about the rape scene and when I saw it I was like...okay? People hyped it up so much that I had something totally different in my head so when I saw it I didn't and still don't think it was that horrible of a scene. I'm willing to bet that there are a lot of movies out there with far worse rape scenes. I'm not looking for a debate if there is a scene or what not I'm just saying my opinion from my point of view. Could of been worse but yeah didn't need to be in the film at all. BTW, the part with the father was horrible and that didn't need to be so graphic.