The Best Horror Film of 2006

What is your favorite horror film of 2006?

• Hostel

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • When A Stranger Calls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tamara

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Final Destination 3

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • The Hills Have Eyes

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Stay Alive

• Slither

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Silent Hill

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • An American Haunting

• See No Evil

• The Omen

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Lady In The Water

• The Descent

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Pulse

• The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: The Beginning

• The Grudge 2

• Saw III

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Night Of The Living Dead 3-D

• Turistas

• Black Christmas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol @ two of the movies on that list: When A Stranger Calls & Lady in the Water

Lady in the Water wasn't a horror movie....and When A Stranger Calls is just way too fucking horrible :lol:

What's a good horror movie that won't make me piss my pants?

That crap scares the shit out of me.

I haven't actually seen many on that list, but I would add to the list:

Severance - zombie movie
The Tooth Fairy - thriller, with a psychotic witch, very gruesome

both of these films were very good imo

out of the list I would probably go with "The Descent"...

edit: I meant Severed, not Severance. Severance was actually a pretty terrible movie with a similar plot

If you want to see an amazing horror film with some class, you should see 'Dog Soldiers'

this film is very scary, but also has a well developed plot and is very original

Dog Soldiers was actually quite well done for a SciFi channel movie, honestly it was the best thing I've ever seen from them!

I think I may be completely desensitized, or at least more so than a lot of people because i have yet to see a horror movie that made me react in any other way than to be amused or entertained. The Hills have eyes for instance. I did not find any aspect of that movie sick or disturbing. The rape scene for instance, I would never have guessed anyone would make a big deal out of this. I never thought twice about it. The movie could have been far more graphic and it probably would still have not had an effect.

I think I may be completely desensitized, or at least more so than a lot of people because i have yet to see a horror movie that made me react in any other way than to be amused or entertained. The Hills have eyes for instance. I did not find any aspect of that movie sick or disturbing. The rape scene for instance, I would never have guessed anyone would make a big deal out of this. I never thought twice about it. The movie could have been far more graphic and it probably would still have not had an effect.

Maybe you are more of a sucker for tear-jerkers?? Bambi???

:lol:

I'm exactly liek this, there are not a lot of things that evoke any type of emotion other than awe (at the cgi/cinematography/etc) - but the very fact that many of the women I know are rape victims, I get extremely furious....I go black in fact.

I'm exactly liek this, there are not a lot of things that evoke any type of emotion other than awe (at the cgi/cinematography/etc) - but the very fact that many of the women I know are rape victims, I get extremely furious....I go black in fact.

I actually only find certain things scary, I usually can't stand alot of films where there are things such as children in danger or abuse of woman and stuff... I also find some psychological aspects in some films scary, as well as some traditional horror aspects like monsters and stuff which can be scary if well done...