The Best Horror Film of 2006

What is your favorite horror film of 2006?

• Hostel

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • When A Stranger Calls

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tamara

• Final Destination 3

• The Hills Have Eyes

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Stay Alive

• Slither

• Silent Hill

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • An American Haunting

• See No Evil

• The Omen

• Lady In The Water

• The Descent

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Pulse

• The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2: The Beginning

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • The Grudge 2

• Saw III

• Night Of The Living Dead 3-D

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Turistas

• Black Christmas

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Its rediculous how many on that list are remakes...

And I wouldn't call Lady in the Water a horror movie, personally. I think thats why a lot of people were dissapointed by it, cause it was advertised as such. I loved it though.

I can't stand M. Night Shlonga lan an an an. Unbreakable was ok at best. His alien movie is total crap. I guess all the water in the atmosphere couldn't kill the aliens huh?

I didn't bother seeing it. I can't believe I actually saw the Village. So many people left during that movie. So many upset faces. I was just pissed I paid to see that crap.

Ok...maybe the only cool part in the movie. The rest is hollywood bullshit just to make a quick buck. I should have waited to see it on dvd anyways...hate going to theatres. Had to go opening day with all the geeks there with their new electronic gadgets and fatty fast food farts.

I think the people who were involved with SH's production actually knew what they were doing, i mean, just look at what those fucks did with Resident Evil :ill::ill::ill:. From monster design to the storyline i think SH was very well-done and exciting, very different form the thousands of teen thriller bullshit out there. but i see how you may dislike it.

It just wasn't for me...and Resident Evil...ackkkk. Anything labeled scary, horrific or jaw dropping I'll stay away from now. I rather see something with Christopher Walken.

^+1 for Slowdive
Well I loved The Village, go figure! (Even got the soundtrack so I could play it on violin :) ) But I never saw Lady In The Water, I might pick it up just out of interest. Chainsaw Massacre was amusing, and had the occaisional cool bit, but it was mostly pretty mediocre, didnt have the atmosphere!
I enjoyed Silent Hill and gave it my vote, but I felt it could have been done much better. Akira Yamaoka fucking OWNS though, so that, the Pyramid Head skin ripping scene and the barbed wire finale made it for me!

Just like I said before I am a Shyamalan fan and I criticized 2 of his films as an assignment...So I watched his movies over and over again...And I must say that there is so much beauty in the first 4 movies that you can discover even after the third time...But the situation is not the same for LIW...It's just so fantastic and away from Shyamalan style...It's childish in every way and forced to have a surprise in it...But fuck it,it's not even worth watching.I'd prefer to watch the first 4 for 4598679385 times instead of watching it...