House of 1000 Corpses...

Aug 14, 2002
Visit site
I was looking forward to seeing this movie for quite some time,

and i gotta admit i cept half expecting this movie to turn into something really intresting... and in a few places it almost did....

but thoughs breif fleating molments were filled with HOrrible monotonous scenes that were not only confusing to even the most astute movie watcher (me and my friend huge horror fans) but just down right painfull to watch...

scenes including color invertion, horribly confusing cut scenes , scenes that go absolutly no where, music cutting over conversation scenes dragged out, important scenes chopped.... and about a 100 mindless fright scenes built on the Older then time "hey BOOO!! i scared you *with music following*"

ok all of this aside i might be able to overlook and enjoy the at least seemingly good special effects..... HOWEVER

(david spade voice) I ENJOYED THIS MOVIE ALOT MORE THE FIRST TIME I SAW IT >>> WHEN IT WAS CALLED TEXAS ChAIN SAW MASSCRE

thats right folks this movie is 100% ripped off from leather face movies

follow the formula... follow the plot... hell follow it scene by scene its ripped strait from it... i dont wanna ruin any suprises for anyone who hasnt scene it but leme just say that youll scream (OH THeres blood sucking grandpa... and theres vilmer, and hey theres leatherface!)

in conclusion: i must say that not only should rob zombie never touch a script again.... not only should he ever make another album again (his last solo album : cough* Going to california* )
Rob Zombie... you should remove zombie from your name... your music isnt zombie like, your movies aint horror filled zombie tails.... go back to go go hell.

-Necro

well i guess we all have are own oppinons...

its just not very often a movie goes so far below my expectations...

btw i found over 60 other reviews on the net that gave it 1/ 10 stars....

so it seems most people (least critics) share my oppinon, tho some of them are not liking it due to the gore... (funny i thought it was lacking in gore)

well you cant trust the critics....i have seen movies that thy have given the highest rating and i thought they were terrible...and usually movies that they thought were terrible i liked....yea we all have our own opinions, i respect yours, thats kewl if you dont like it, i was just stating my opinion......the gore was probly the best thing about that movie

well yeah the best thing i can say about the movie is the effects seemed adiquate... i just feel that the amount of gore/ action was lacking

but the overal film remains to amature and far to borrowed to be enjoyable for me...