Warm vs Api

Studdy

Jan 24, 2012
Price aside, how does the warm preamp compare to the api? Im GASing for some api preamps. Wish they sold a single channel box. (not really into 500 series.) The warm preamp looks interesting but im not concerned with price as much as it just sounding right. This preamp would sit next to my great river. SO im not looking for the "neve" type sound again. Im looking for punch mostly for snare duties.

Thanks.

They sound API-ish... not exactly alike but pretty similar voicings. Need to directly compare my wa12 to my a2d. The warm is tight, lots of very clean gain and the tone button is useful. Wish it had an output knob like the tb12 (which I also want along with the wa76). I will say that you should get an additional pad for your warm. I clipped mine with the gain down and pad engaged with a recent session. I will be getting at least one more to mount the two together and will be getting the 500 series in the future. If they do a bus comp or distressor type deal I'm going to be broke.

I say go for it. They guy I bought mine from had a great river and he liked the warm more on most things.

Yeah I just got the capi vp28 and it's closer to the vintage API units that actually made their reputation than the actual new api stuff such as the 512c and the 3124

The guy actually tore apart his vintage console and reverse engineered every section of the signal path. It's legit