API Lunchbox alternative

Hmm, don't think you're gonna find anything with that many slots for cheaper, the only others I've seen (Brent Averill, for example) are more expensive. There's always the 2-unit A Designs rack though (this), which accepts 500 series modules!

Not sure if the US is an option for you, but mercenary audio has a 500 series deal where you buy a rack and they give you the blank slots and every time you buy a new 500 series module from them they give you $50 off when you send a slot back (they pay for the shipping). 6 slots that's $300 savings... not too bad. I would also be worried about if the savings you get would affect the Power Transformer with cheaper brands than API.

Not sure if the US is an option for you, but mercenary audio has a 500 series deal where you buy a rack and they give you the blank slots and every time you buy a new 500 series module from them they give you $50 off when you send a slot back (they pay for the shipping). 6 slots that's $300 savings... not too bad. I would also be worried about if the savings you get would affect the Power Transformer with cheaper brands than API.

Yeah, but you'd still have to spend at least $2400 (6 x $400) to get that $300 back! Eek...and I agree about the transformer concern...

Got mine for free when I bought 4 512c units. :)

Hard to beat free! Try http://www.vintageking.com/ and see if they're still offering the 4 units = free lunchbox deal. You never know. Might be worth a shot.

They're about 45 minutes from my place & really cool people to deal with. Total gearsluts... and they ship worldwide.