WARNING! Andi Deris no shows the Helloween Calgary Meet and Greet

TENTH DREAMER DECEIVER

Halcyon Way Sufferer
Jan 7, 2002
Yeah I paid $30 extra for the VIP experience which included both Gamma Ray and Helloween but Deris didn't show up. When I asked their road manager why he just smirked at me and just ordered the line to continue. Now, Andi could have turned up after I left but at least 20-30 people still would not have got an autograph.

Anyway, Kai and crew were all around decent and friendly guys but Helloween seemed to have this put upon attitude. They didn't want to be there and didn't really care what impression they made.

They've also been having problems with the way the tour has been going and it has nothing to do with the bands. I wouldn't take it personally, I'm sure they aren't trying to be rude to the fans.

Sorry it was a crappy night for you though as far as the meet and greet. I can only imagine getting there and someone I really wanted to meet wouldn't be there. I got lucky but it's a shame you didn't get to meet Andi. :(

I hope the show was a fun one.

They've also been having problems with the way the tour has been going and it has nothing to do with the bands. I wouldn't take it personally, I'm sure they aren't trying to be rude to the fans.

QUOTE]

is this a fact or something you are guessing at? Our show in Chicago was held up for reasons unknown....tech issues....but Deris came out saying he was drunk and stuff and he seemed like it. They still put on an amazing show. I just wonder is something is happening in the Helloween camp.

Yeah I talked to a guy afterward who was hanging out with Andi and they were catching up. He apologized to me saying sorry we were catching up so he never went out. I wasn't really there to meet Helloween though, so I didn't notice.

I did also speak with Dirk at the meet and greet and he said pretty pointedly that they were pissed they had to do this due to the price to fans and he asked me how much I paid and said they are none too pleased about that. As far as I can tell, at least from what he told me from the Gamma Ray perspective, this tour has been pretty rough on them since they're used to larger venues in the rest of the world.

I just hope this doesn't screw up their outlook on touring in the states from this point forward... that would REALLY suck.

*shrug* It sucks either way, hopefully it'll get resolved...

Yes, it's called "Andi Deris got his hands on the GOOD California RED WINE!!!" :headbang:

Look, there could be many reasons Andi missed your meet and greet.
He could have been "Taking The Browns To The Super Bowl", if you know what I mean....

Andi never shows at meet & greets. The fact of the matter is he gets sick at the drop of a hat so he'd rather not risk it.

It's got nothing to do with him not liking the fans, and everything to do with making sure he finishes the tour healthy. Several times in the past Helloween tours have been all out canceled because Andi got sick. It already happened on this tour with the Mexico shows in May.

No prob!
BTW - I was one of the guys behind you at the Pearl Room w/ Jose....

Woohoo!! Awesome :D

I'm glad I got to go up and see Jose, that was not in the cards at all! I was pretty in the zone so you know how it is, teehee :D Good times, even with all the standing around waiting :)

Well Enter The Vault and Ticketmaster should damn well mention that when they make these offers. There is an expectation that you will meet the lead singer of the headlining band. At best Andi was just being lazy and at worst it was false advertising. Imagine paying for a Priest VIP and not meeting Rob Halford.

Anyway, the show and especially Kai's band was great.

Andi never shows at meet & greets. The fact of the matter is he gets sick at the drop of a hat so he'd rather not risk it.

It's got nothing to do with him not liking the fans, and everything to do with making sure he finishes the tour healthy. Several times in the past Helloween tours have been all out canceled because Andi got sick. It already happened on this tour with the Mexico shows in May.

Yeah, that would definitely suck... But also a band like Judas Priest probably wouldn't do a meet and greet if Rob wasn't available since most people would get irritated and leave.

To be honest though, the way they billed it on the enterthevault site, some of us weren't even sure what was going on until we got in there. I was pretty much having a freak out since all the site says is VIP ticket, early entry and signed poster. It doesn't even say meet and greet, which could be that they ran out of room, or someone just entered the information way wrong for the entire tour. It definitely made me a little nervous, but then everything came together, if at best sloppily.

I have a lot of friends up in Chicago who pretty much said prepare for the Pearl Room to be a pain in the ass, so the glitches weren't surprising at least. Hopefully tonight's show in Seattle goes well and everyone has an awesome time :)

Well Enter The Vault and Ticketmaster should damn well mention that when they make these offers. There is an expectation that you will meet the lead singer of the headlining band. At best Andi was just being lazy and at worst it was false advertising. Imagine paying for a Priest VIP and not meeting Rob Halford.

Obviously you must have gotten your tickets later than me because when I bought mine in March there was no meet & greet. All it said was you get in early & get a signed poster. They only added the meet & greet thing part in September.

Considering no other countries on this tour got a meet & greet, you should be thankful you got to meet any of them :rolleyes:

Exactly.
You pay enough money for the ticket to get into the show, but I could never justify paying extra for early entry, and VIP 'perks', which most of the time equal out to a crappy poster and a pat on the ass.
Maybe that's just me.

I'm honestly the same way. This was something that came about of partly the fan club deciding they didn't want to make any kind of effort to set stuff up, and basically me saying fuck it, I'm doing this.

If I'd had to pay full price for my original plane ticket and a few other things, I probably wouldn't have done it, but despite the Pearl Room staff being inept, it was a really good time and I'm very happy that I was able to go.

Plus, at least with the Gamma Ray fan club, in Europe they try to arrange meet and greets with the band depending on who requests them and how it goes... which, being a fan club member really pissed me off that that wasn't available here. Hopefully things will change.