WARNING! Andi Deris no shows the Helloween Calgary Meet and Greet

Meet and greets (and autographs) should be free IMO

If they charge extra I'm never paying......that's just plain stupid imo

At best Andi was just being lazy and at worst it was false advertising.

I give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Someone potentially in-the-know gave you a reasonable explanation and you still say "at best, he was being lazy"???

At best, "he gets sick at the drop of a hat so he'd rather not risk it. It's got nothing to do with him not liking the fans, and everything to do with making sure he finishes the tour health". Is that true? I don't know, but surely that's the "at best" scenario.

I'm still flying high over how awesome the show in St. Paul was. I'm just damn glad they even come over here and play in our little venues for small crowds when they get much better crowds in Europe.

Not all meet and greets are bad. I did the Iced Earth one in Philly a couple of weeks ago. For a few extra bucks we got a limited special tee shirt (which I actually hated though) and got to meet all the members of the band. They also signed up to four items for each and everyone of us. They seemed to really enjoy it. It's just up to each and everyone of us to decide if it's worth it to you. The lower level bands don't charge that much unlike the major ones like Priest. I would have given and arm and leg to meet Rob; but there was no way I would shell out an extra $300 or $400. I can't remember which they were charging but it was somewhere in that range. Now if a band agrees to do one of these and they never ask how much they are being paid for it then they are fools to begin with. While other bands do this for free like Lordi did earlier this year. That was a pleasent surprise for me. But all in all I think most of the guys involved in doing these are happy to meet the fans.

When their manager smirks when asked why he isn't there, then laziness is not an inappropriate conclusion to reach. None of the Helloween guys wanted to be at the table. Gamma Ray however, fulfilled their obligation and Kai even went above and beyond when one fan called him back for a picture (as he was leaving). Kai just smiled and was happy to oblige.

I give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Someone potentially in-the-know gave you a reasonable explanation and you still say "at best, he was being lazy"???

At best, "he gets sick at the drop of a hat so he'd rather not risk it. It's got nothing to do with him not liking the fans, and everything to do with making sure he finishes the tour health". Is that true? I don't know, but surely that's the "at best" scenario.

I'm still flying high over how awesome the show in St. Paul was. I'm just damn glad they even come over here and play in our little venues for small crowds when they get much better crowds in Europe.

When their manager smirks when asked why he isn't there, then laziness is not an inappropriate conclusion to reach.

I didn't say it's an inappropriate conclusion (since you have some evidence for it).

I'm contending that on the best-to-worst scale *you* presented, that's not the best case scenario for Andi. It'd be evidence for the worst case, or something in the middle. Someone gave you a reasonable explanation that would be the best case.

Fair enough.

I didn't say it's not an appropriate conclusion (since you have some evidence for it).

I'm contending that on the best-to-worst scale you presented, that's not the best case scenario for Andi. It'd be evidence for the worst case, or something in the middle. Someone gave you a reasonable explanation that would be the best case.