Warpath - Damnation

Dec 21, 2003
Sudbury, Canada
Warpath - Damnation
Independant - 2008
By Adam McAuley

damnationartwork.jpg

A rather aggressive path is displayed by Warpath and they play their crunchy brand of thrash like metal quite well. The energy level of the outfit is always at a high point and shows them to be very into the music they perform. The style is slightly different from typical thrash, however, as Warpath don’t really have the classic feel that so many bands in the genre seem to portray. The tone used is somewhat aggressive, but not as much as some modern thrash like Testament’s The Gathering making them a bit different sounding than what you might be used to.

The outfit are able to make themselves a good spot within the genre by sounding slightly different as well. Their sound overall comes off sounding not as unique as they do within the thrash genre alone, but they manage to have a great effect upon the listener regardless. I find myself liking the chops the band has to bring to the table, but wishing for slightly more, although you never quite get it. This brings them to a point that’s slightly less than the top thrash acts have offered mostly in the past, but solid enough in its own right to be a respectable modern thrash work.

The band certainly have a potent enough approach, however, and manage to catch your attention with the thick riffs they perform. The aggression factor is at a moderate point and brings about thoughts of banging your head to what’s being portrayed. Damnation is quite strong, but needs that extra standout trait that makes some classic thrash so unbeatable. It’s something to listen to if you have a craving for a more modern thrash sound, however.

Official Warpath Website
Official Warpath My Space