Warped tour cancelled

Originally posted by Troyanasy
Real punk ,,,Gang Green old Black Flag, Exploided, GBH even the first Suicidal Tendencies (just one Pepsi!).
That POP punk shit sounds no differend than the Bay City Rollers to me
Just my worthless thoughts again

Cheers

Don't forget about Social Distortion.

I sort of like the Sex Pistols(not that much,though).Maybe some of the older punks checked out the Warped Tour once or twice,but hopefully they hads enough commen sense to stay away from that tour.Maybe they would be able to respect Nevermore and possibly even *tolerate*the music.But the MTV-punkers don't have that type of attention.You know,with them,if it's not a band that obsesses over bodily functions and sex and writes songs about breaking up with girls in high school*obvious references to Blink 182*then it's not worth anything...though it's not like they actually have standards anyway.You know,they all try to act like their such "rebels"(there are ever shirts that say "Rebel" on them...and they're all glittery)and underdogs...saying"I'm real old-school punk!"...the ones who wear Misfits and Ramones t-shirts to look "cool".Those are the ones that go to the Warped Tour(the girls throw their underwear onstage at the singer of Green Day thinking that they're gonna marry him)and those are the ones that aren't worth Nevermore's time.

Originally posted by dreaming neon darkspot
I sort of like the Sex Pistols(not that much,though).Maybe some of the older punks checked out the Warped Tour once or twice,but hopefully they hads enough commen sense to stay away from that tour.Maybe they would be able to respect Nevermore and possibly even *tolerate*the music.But the MTV-punkers don't have that type of attention.You know,with them,if it's not a band that obsesses over bodily functions and sex and writes songs about breaking up with girls in high school*obvious references to Blink 182*then it's not worth anything...though it's not like they actually have standards anyway.You know,they all try to act like their such "rebels"(there are ever shirts that say "Rebel" on them...and they're all glittery)and underdogs...saying"I'm real old-school punk!"...the ones who wear Misfits and Ramones t-shirts to look "cool".Those are the ones that go to the Warped Tour(the girls throw their underwear onstage at the singer of Green Day thinking that they're gonna marry him)and those are the ones that aren't worth Nevermore's time.

damn. anyone care for a glass of bitter? hehe but i dont have a problem with 'pop punk' as long as it realizes that its not real punk, and that its not hardcore, and most of the fans are little girls and efeminate boys. (just dissed off about 1/2 my friends haha) but hey if thats what people are into just let em remain in their ignorance of good music.
-neal

No,no bitter for me,thank you very much,I'll take orange juice,lol.
Hey,I'm just venting.I don't think pop-punk will be realizing that it's not real punk any time soon,considering that none of them were around when punk first broke(this sounds pretty weird coming from a 14 yr.old,deosn't it?)or that most likely not many of them have been exposed to real punk.In a society where Empty-TV controls all trendy music(and if real punk had lasted long,it would've become controlled,too)all of the imitations will continue to pass for the real thing...(but I don't even like punk,so I'll just stop talking)

well its kind of what 'real' punk turned into. but if you want to get all picky about it, all of the 'real' punk bands you've never heard of, because once you take money for your music you've become a sell out and you are no longer a real punk. punks are pretty much hypocrites anyways. so fuck em. maybe pennywise, nofx, lagwagon etc isnt 'real' punk but ya know waht? neal is going to continue to call them punk anyways. so as the brittish say, 'piss off!'
-neal

Okay,neal.I guess if a band has some element of punk in their music then they can be part punk,you know how so many bands are part this and part that...part punk/part pop...part rock/part rap,etc.

yeh pretty much. i wasnt telling you specificaly to piss off. just kinda saying it in general because people get so fucking excited over classifing everything and saying whats 'true' and whats not and all that. fuck it. its all music. you either like it or you dont.
-neal

Nevermore should look to another label. Sanctuary seems to be grabbing some up and coming bands....though their label does have a majority of old folks on it as well ;)