Warrel Dane's solo CD, "Praises to the War Machine"

Patterns a cover----damn..i never knew that...:erk:....I luv the slower stuff on this cd..Warrel really shines in his lower register
Yeah, I was unaware of that until a few days ago. It's still a great tune, but it's not quite the same accomplishment I felt it was the other day. The bottom line is that Warrel didn't write it. Still though .. like I said earlier .. he's metalled it up a bit, and put an entirely different spin on it ... for that he deserves a lot of credit.

Britt

I was telling Pat the other day that I would rank Praises To The War Machine ahead of a couple Nevermore albums .. namely the debut, and Enemies Of Reality. I think I have it right on par with Politics Of Ecstasy .. with maybe a chance of surpassing it in time. I think Dreaming Neon Black, and Dead Heart In A Dead World are clearly safe, and the Warrel solo has a ways to go to top This Godless Endeavor. I didn't take into account the EP.
The only place we may differ is on Politics. It's got three songs on it that are just brilliant, all of which I'd rank ahead on anything on Warrel's solo disc (Seven Tongues of God, This Sacrament, Next in Lin).

Some would say you can't compare this solo disc with the Nevermore material, but all I can think of when I listen to it is that it could be a brand new release from Nevermore, and I'd be quite happy. Sure, it would be a bit different than the usual Nevermore output, but they have changed things enough from disc to disc that I think I could have been happy if Nevermore was plastered n the cover instead of Dane.
The vocalist is clearly the most identifiable component of any band. Add in that Warrel's sound is very unique. So it's easy to see how the two are very comparable. However, Peter's approach and Jeff's approach are so completely different, that if you focus in on the music, they're very different animals.

Zod

you can now preview the entire album on Warrel's MySpace site

and there is more information here concerning the ideas behind the album, including a song by song description by Warrel himself. Pretty cool. :cool:

says Warrel, "I think my influences have really played a part of the sound. I love old-school goth and I love thrash metal, and every other kind of metal, there's a little bit of all of that in the record."

:worship: I cannot wait to get my grubby paws on this release.

you can now preview the entire album on Warrel's MySpace site

and there is more information here concerning the ideas behind the album, including a song by song description by Warrel himself. Pretty cool. :cool:

says Warrel, "I think my influences have really played a part of the sound. I love old-school goth and I love thrash metal, and every other kind of metal, there's a little bit of all of that in the record."

:worship: I cannot wait to get my grubby paws on this release.

Thanks for that Hoyt, I'm really enjoying what i hear! :headbang: Can't wait to get this one :)