Warrel Dane's solo disc ... Praises To The War Machine

Dec 16, 2002
www.facebook.com
Has anyone had a chance to hear this yet? I pretty much liked it straight away .. it's the best disc I've heard so far this year. It's a bit of a departure from the Nevermore stuff, but there are still several tracks that feel like they could fit on a Nevermore disc although in general this disc is nowhere near as heavy. Still though .. this is a metal disc.

Warrel's singing is great on this, and it just seems first class to me in every way. It's a good mix of moods that can be found on this disc. It includes a cover tune as well ... The Sisters Of Mercy's - Lucretia, My Reflection. Warrel metal's that one up to very nice results.

I love Warrel's lyrics ... one of the best in the business in my opinion. They are usually a bit twisted and creepy, but on this disc it seems some might be a bit personal. Here's an example.

(From the tune August) -- In August we laid her down ... in August we gave her to the ground ... One last kiss ... one last wish ... is that this moment could last forever.

The disc comes out April 29 in Europe/May 13 in the US

http://www.warreldane.com/

I love Warrel's solo disc. If you mix Nevermore with Soilwork's stabbing the drama, you have his solo disc, at least in my opinion. You can definately hear Wicher's style mixed with Warrel's.

Im a huge Nevermore fan...like fucking gay for them..but on first listen this cd is rather weak

It is a lot stronger than you may think. You have to remember it IS all about Warrel on this. His vocals are very strong, very interesting lyrics, plus the music is good as well.

Give it a few more spins and you may make the connection.

It took a few listens for it to really sink in, but I absolutely love the album from start to finish. His cover of Lucretia My Reflection is great! (and definitely better than the original)