Warrel on Jasta Podcast

And then there was this:

On whether NEVERMORE is "strategically" waiting for the right time to reunite:

Dane: "No. We've never even discussed that, any of us. But I'm not on bad terms with [ex-NEVERMORE drummer] Van Williams or Jeff Loomis. I'm just not sure… Jeff, especially, I don't even think he'd be interested in doing it. I mean, he's in a bigger band now… [Jeff is] sober now. I tried to get the whole band sober fucking years ago, and it was pretty much, 'Fuck you! I'm gonna do whatever I wanna do.' Not from him. Not from Jeff. [It came] from someone else in the band. And had that worked, if I had been successful and got the whole band sober, we'd probably still be together right now. But, you know, everything happens for a reason. And the new shit that I'm working on, the new original stuff with my solo band, makes me realize how lucky I am to have worked with so many great musicians and made so many great songs."

interesting remix/remaster

=======================================================================================
here's something to think about WD

ENJOY!!

I am not a fan of Hatebreed so the last show I went to, Jasta was opening and I decided to stay outside the club, have some smokes and bullshit with the other bands behind the venue, but I was pleasantly surprised how good his solo project is and had to ditch everyone and go inside.

And then there was this:

On whether NEVERMORE is "strategically" waiting for the right time to reunite:

Dane: "No. We've never even discussed that, any of us. … Jeff, especially, I don't even think he'd be interested in doing it. . ."

Ya well we need to change this somehow. A reunited, sober Nevermore - if marketed correctly - could be a money maker.

Funny how almost nothing has been directed at Jim from all the interviews since the split.

I'd say Jims issues were a bit more on display than the others. Dig deep enough and you'll see stories about everyone except the 2nd guitarists and Van. Irrelevant really..

In the end they've all vaguely discussed what was going on financially and with booze. All I can say from my experiences was everyone was fucking cool and nice. Smyth and Warrel were the most friendly and willing to stand around talking about stupid shit unrelated to music.

The only confusing thing today about the split is why Jeff is mailing it in with AE. Everyone else is doing their own thing... and doing it well. All this stuff about ego's and Jeff is playing 2nd fiddle and just mailing it in ever since Conquering Dystopia.

Seems like WD really cares for Jeff and the entire Nevermore line up, and it blows his mind just like most fans about how there's no desire to sort this all out.

Can you point to some videos to back up your objections to Jeff's playing? I don't see how he is mailing it in. He's a hired hand in Arch Enemy and clearly doesn't want to rock the boat. Where else can he go? His instrumental work couldn't have brought in much income. Dude's 44 years old now and has a mortgage to pay (I assume). He needs the gig.

Prior to his wife's cancer battle, Van was going nowhere despite having 3 bands. What kind of a splash did Ghost Ship Octavius, Ashes of Ares or Pure Sweet Hell (what a dumb name) make?

I figured something was up with Sheppard when I heard Warrel say in an interview that Jim had a job as a chef and saw a replacement bassist on the Sanctuary tour. I'm surprised he was involved with the album, tbh.

Jeff could live off his clinics unless he's living way beyond his means...which I would doubt he is. I personally know some who do this.

But, someone with his talent should have absolutely no problems forming a band, or joining a band looking for a change or fresh start and be writing an album. Sure he's going to contribute to the next AE album, but some of the more in depth interviews reveal that he's not interested in Jeff doing Jeff things in AE. Why the fuck at this point in his career would he be cool with sitting back and being told what to do?

He's mailing it in, just coasting, contributing an on stage presence that 1,000 other monkeys could stand there and do at the drop of a dime.

Jeff's solo work lead to touring and what felt like years of clinics. It did plenty for him. Maybe he's just tired and doesn't really give a fuck anymore.

If Warrel joined a group to just be a back up singer after having his unreal sactuary and nevermore catalog showcasing his talent, wouldn't you wonder what the fuck he's doing and why he's being lazy? I bet you would.

I'd rather see Warrel keep plugging forward rather than falling back on a pooey situation. Dude has a prolific talent and I can't wait to hear the new stuff. Nevernore covered a shit ton of ground, just leave it lay and be good with it. I would have loved to seen another album done with Tim though.

I'd rather see Warrel keep plugging forward rather than falling back on a pooey situation. Dude has a prolific talent and I can't wait to hear the new stuff. Nevernore covered a shit ton of ground, just leave it lay and be good with it. I would have loved to seen another album done with Tim though.

This. I would also have loved another one with Tim, but hey, DNB already exists and is pretty awesome. Time never stops, and the idea that Nevermore will never make another album doesn't imply that nothing great will ever happen again, nor does it take away the greatness of past albums. It's reenacting the past, which at most is just pointless.

Have you ever heard the "lost" Forbidden demo called "Trapped?" It's pretty much the spiritual predecessor to his work on DNB. Just amazing stuff from Tim and the others, but word is Craig scuttled it because it was not thrashy enough and "sounded like Queensryche."

And don't forget these:

This could have been the best album Forbidden ever released.

Tim posted a few demos under his name on YouTube (they are gone now) and they were fucking awesome, eerily like a progression of DNB. if you could find him on social media he was friendly and would have lengthy discussions.

If Nevermore were to work again, Tim & Smyth would be my top duo. As we all know, they are both or were in touch with Warrel not too long ago.

I was lucky enough to sit about 6 feet from the stage at a table one snowy Detroit evening at the I-rock and watch DNB played front to back to maybe 30 people. It was fucking awesome, so was my bar tab for buying everyone drinks LOL.

But anyhoo, yeah Tim and Steve would be cool.Lombardo on drums....:heh: