Was this ever confirmed?

vomit

Hosebag wannabe
Feb 12, 2002
Somewhere in Time
Visit site
And why won't they discuss it? Could this be a new song on the new album?

From, http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=139084

The REAL reason he is "sick" is because he went top shelf on the band tour bus. They couldn't figure out why it smelled to high hell for several weeks. They changed the waste tank and even considered dumping it over an overpass of Dave Matthews fans on a Chicago boat. Alas, they couldn't find the smell and simply put - who thinks to look in the bowl above the toilet??

This is where Dan Nelson roasted a massive pipe and it pissed the rest of the Anthrax members off so much, they fired him

Frankie Bello did take a shit on Dan Nelson out of pure anger not to prank him back, when Dan woke up out of his whiskey coma he had a roll of toilet paper, a envelope with $1000.00 dollars and a note signed from each band member saying, " Dan, your not funny and frankie took a shit on you to prove a point, use the toilet paper to wipe the shit off and the tears away, use the cash to buy a ticket back to new york, your fired, Signed..ANTHRAX.

Rough way to wake up, almost mustaine style but not because in all honesty what the fuck did he expect, the word funny does not come to mind when I hear about somebody having their back shit on while they're sleeping.

And did this have any validity?

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/29/12993/Frank-Bello-Fired-From-Anthrax.html

Frank Bello Fired From Anthrax
The Gauntlet has received confirmed reports from sources in the bands camp that Frank Bello was fired from Anthrax today and Joey Vera is rumored to be back in. According to our sources, Charlie Benante and Frank Bello were arguing over publishing money and Frank hit vocalist Dan Nelson. Charlie Benante fired Frank on the spot. An official statement from the band is expected shortly.

UPDATE: Band members have kissed and made up.

Could what be a new song? "Frank did a shit on Dan's back"? Not exactly a great title.

And yet it has classic ASSThrax written all over it. I brought this back up, as I was rereading the stuff from Scott, saying he would talk when he could. My guess is that if this did happen, he probably won't say.....it's a shitty deal all the way around.

And did this have any validity?

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/29/12993/Frank-Bello-Fired-From-Anthrax.html

Frank Bello Fired From Anthrax
The Gauntlet has received confirmed reports from sources in the bands camp that Frank Bello was fired from Anthrax today and Joey Vera is rumored to be back in. According to our sources, Charlie Benante and Frank Bello were arguing over publishing money and Frank hit vocalist Dan Nelson. Charlie Benante fired Frank on the spot. An official statement from the band is expected shortly.

UPDATE: Band members have kissed and made up.
Maybe it's the reason why Joey Vera played with them here in Montreal for the Heavy MTL festival in summer 2008!

I had a conversation with the guy who claimed to be a friend of Dan's. According to his story, Scott called Dan and told him that the flights to Europe had been postponed. After that, Dan was at his nephew's baseball game, when he learned about his "illness". He tried to contact the band members but got no response. That guy told me that the real reason why he was fired was that the band (Charlie) wanted John Bush back. Still it's kinda weird, because they had this record coming, which who knows if it's ever gonna be released.