Watain vs Helrunar

choose

• Total voters
I skimmed over that and read "Satan doesn't have superpowers he is just a fox that pokes you in your butt cheeks and takes a picture of it"

I'm betting that anyone with a short attention span may not recognize the true genius of Helrunar -- it starts great and ends up excellent. The last 4 tracks on the album are the best!!!!

I'm betting that anyone with a short attention span may not recognize the true genius of Helrunar -- it starts great and ends up excellent. The last 4 tracks on the album are the best!!!!

So would I like it or not? Just the fact that you mention them with Watain makes me want to get the CD. Can I find samples anywhere?

So would I like it or not? Just the fact that you mention them with Watain makes me want to get the CD. Can I find samples anywhere?

In terms of Frostnuts, I'll bet your farm on it. I don't know the other Helrunar albums.

Their core has that Dissection riff (TM) going on with the title track being awesome, and then at times they'll launch into a whole Vried direction (track #4), or delve into Empyrium territory (track #9). It's epic and sweeping all at once!

And it's bundled in a sweeet digipack that's shaped in such an obnoxious manner, it won't fit on your shelf without sticking out. :p

Here's an excerpt review from The End, so you know it's gotta be tr00:

Taking cues from the early '90s Norwegian black metal wave, Helrunar offers an album of ice-cold and grim atmospheres, swirling rhythmic hellfire around riffs that are intelligent and memorable. The aura and mood is one achieved by only the best practitioners of this style, a style too-often cheapened by amateurs and charlatans. Helrunar should be approached by all who demand nothing but the best in modern-day black metal. This is the limited edition digipak, sure to be gone quickly...

(The End has some samples too if you want to head on over...)

yeah, I discovered this last week (yay for maren's black metal collection) and have been listening to it almost daily since, and it keeps getting better!

For sure. Go listen to the last 4 tracks and magically enough, it puts the entire album into perspective.

I will do as soon as I can pick the album up - I recently moved out of my family home and 6 weeks on I still haven't moved my CDs out.