Wattage amps and questions.

ResurrectedAntiChrist

New Metal Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hail,

I know that you may look at my date of registration, but fear not, I am not here to troll you. I have many questions that were not answered via internet resources and I could not find a forum I was signed up on that possibly may answer my questions. I would like to know the answer to my questions.

My questions are:

1. Does an Amplifier Head have to be a lower wattage than the amplifying cabinet?

2. OHMS on a solid-state amplifier head be matched or lower than the cabinet? (I.E. Head = 8 OHMS + Cabinet = 8~16 OHMS = workability?)

3. May the Peavey Vypyr 30 watt amplifier head work with a Marshall MG412ACF slanted or straight cabinet? (Both head and cabinet have 8 OHMS, the head is 30 watts and the cabinet is 300 watts.)

If any of you helpful Metal Musicians, Metal technicians, Music technicians, composers, Metal Heads could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

:headbang:

1. wattage means nothing, just dont be stupid with the volume
2. not sure about ohms
3. yes. Plug in and destroy. 8ohms to 8ohms.
That's what I do with my Rocktron Velocity 300 to my Vader 2x12 which is 240 watts. Again, wattage shouldnt matter.

Hail,

I know that you may look at my date of registration, but fear not, I am not here to troll you. I have many questions that were not answered via internet resources and I could not find a forum I was signed up on that possibly may answer my questions. I would like to know the answer to my questions.

My questions are:

1. Does an Amplifier Head have to be a lower wattage than the amplifying cabinet?

2. OHMS on a solid-state amplifier head be matched or lower than the cabinet? (I.E. Head = 8 OHMS + Cabinet = 8~16 OHMS = workability?)

3. May the Peavey Vypyr 30 watt amplifier head work with a Marshall MG412ACF slanted or straight cabinet? (Both head and cabinet have 8 OHMS, the head is 30 watts and the cabinet is 300 watts.)

If any of you helpful Metal Musicians, Metal technicians, Music technicians, composers, Metal Heads could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

:headbang:

1. Not necessarily, unless you want to turn it up to 11.
2. An 8 ohm head can go into a 16 ohm cab, but a 16 ohm head can't go into a 8 ohm cab and so forth.
3.Yes.