Waves API plugin... Is it good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muckypup1

Sinister Haven \m/
Jul 13, 2009
UK, Islington
Well? I just got it and don't really know how to use it right yet, but is this a good selection of shit? And is it worth learning how to use the right way?

super-retard.jpg

I'm quite sure you paid for that.

And don't answer haha.

When you spend the big bucks on that, you usually know how to use it. If not, learn with ReaPlugs, I'm pretty sure they're quite fine for what you need, along with the GVST suite.

Well? I just got it and don't really know how to use it right yet, but is this a good selection of shit? And is it worth learning how to use the right way?

This question stinks.

1. Search
2. Waves API pluginS cost a lot and
3. As far as i can see they work like any other compressors, eqs etc... 2 and 3 lead me to:
4. You spent that much money without knowing how to use use basic plugins :loco:

on the other hand, i may have entirely misunderstood you, if this is the case then i apologise

Öwen;8818490 said:
It's a trick, you're quite obviously too cheerful to be Scottish. :lol:

And yeah, I've been here a while. :loco:

Trust me, I'm a miserable person and I drink myself into a mess most weeks... not even weekends. I've been a lurker for aaaaages, and decided to join the fun short ago.

Well, considering you just spent $750 on the bundle (if you're running native), I'd say fuck it. Don't bother, just leave the plugins rot on your computer.

I'm with this. In fact, just give them to me

My guess is he cracked it....Also if you cant figure out how to use the API or even have to ask if its good....your post should of been "HOW DO I USE AN EQ?" But to really answer your question....YES THE API EQ IS RAD, I use it all the time. If you cant figure out how to make something sound good with it....you either are recording horribly sounding material or need to learn how to EQ.

well for starters, the API collection is basically the same as any EQ and compressor, asking how to use those plugins implies that you do not know how to use eq or compression.

About the software cracking deal, I tried to get a cracked version of the API plugins to compare it to the SSL 4000 plugins that I have (to test it out to see if its worth buying alongside the SSL plugins) but for some reason it doesn't work, all the torrents don't work, either its my computer (but I have installed it on 3 different HDD's with different OS's) or the software, so I think that hes not running a cracked version.

well for starters, the API collection is basically the same as any EQ and compressor, asking how to use those plugins implies that you do not know how to use eq or compression.

About the software cracking deal, I tried to get a cracked version of the API plugins to compare it to the SSL 4000 plugins that I have (to test it out to see if its worth buying alongside the SSL plugins) but for some reason it doesn't work, all the torrents don't work, either its my computer (but I have installed it on 3 different HDD's with different OS's) or the software, so I think that hes not running a cracked version.

You didn't get a cracked version to work so that automatically means none of them work?

Ultimately the 2500 sounds nothing like the real deal, and the EQs sound better in Nebula.

Couple that with mandatory minimum 2dB boost/cut and you have possibly Waves' most useless pack.

The SSL, CLA and Renaissance bundles are some of their best.

You didn't get a cracked version to work so that automatically means none of them work?

there are only 2 versions floating around on the net that are mirrored, tried multiple mirrors from both versions and the same result, the GUI doesn't load on any of them. I gave up some time ago, I will just have to buy it and see if I like it, though that is a lot of money to spend on a gamble, but from what everyone says, I guess I shouldn't be too worried.

Ultimately the 2500 sounds nothing like the real deal, and the EQs sound better in Nebula.

Couple that with mandatory minimum 2dB boost/cut and you have possibly Waves' most useless pack.

The SSL, CLA and Renaissance bundles are some of their best.

From what I heard, the API collection is better than the SSL in terms of quality and overall usefulness, which is why I have been wanting to try it out.

I think the waves 2500 sounds awesome but I haven't used the real deal. I honestly just use stock eq's. The GUI's seem to vary a lot more than actual sound....and who needs a modeled graphic eq?

yea i'm pretty down with the 2500 comp...i prefer it in almost all instances over the SSL comp, but the OTOH the e-channel kills the API eq's...

I'm sorry, but minimum +- 2db doesn't make the API collection any more "useless" than an actual rack of 550 EQs. Admittedly, there is less flexibility than the SSL plugs, but the APIs just plain sound GOOD, and are a different flavor than their other Waves counterparts.

there are only 2 versions floating around on the net that are mirrored, tried multiple mirrors from both versions and the same result, the GUI doesn't load on any of them. I gave up some time ago, I will just have to buy it and see if I like it, though that is a lot of money to spend on a gamble, but from what everyone says, I guess I shouldn't be too worried.

Why not just demo them? Cracking plugs just messes with your system and drives up the price for those of us who buy plugs legitimately (not to get all Lars Ulrich about it).

From what I heard, the API collection is better than the SSL in terms of quality and overall usefulness, which is why I have been wanting to try it out.

I couldn't disagree more.

Once again, the 2500 sounds nothing like the real deal. Shoot-outs have been done on GS before and the real 2500 smokes the plug-in.

The EQs, as mentioned before, are done better by Nebula. The top-end boosts are less harsh and result in more of what we perceive as 'air'. Much gentler overall than the very forward Waves boosts.

I have a feeling the same thing applies to the SSL series EQs. Good thing Nebula will eventually roll out into mainstream and smoke everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.