Waves CLA Classic Compressors $149

Absolutely worth it. I've been using these on pretty much every mix since I've gotten them.
Any combo off 1176+LA2A on vocals is hard to go wrong with imo. Also love layering them on bass.
The 1176 can be good on snare with the typical setting, but I prefer my RNLA comp for that.
The LA3A is interesting. I think it has a tendency to make things sound more prominent, while still being transparent. I was surprised to find out that I kind of like it on electric guitar, though I usually loathe any form of broadband compression on those. When used sparingly, it sounds more like saturation than compression to me.

Btw, just to prevent other people from being as noob as I was: on the 1176 the attack and release knobs are inverted from what you may be used to. The higher the setting, the faster; just like on the real 1176 (which I had not used before getting this plugin). Thought I'd mention that, so you don't get disappointed in the first few seconds ;)

Btw, just to prevent other people from being as noob as I was: on the 1176 the attack and release knobs are inverted from what you may be used to. The higher the setting, the faster; just like on the real 1176 (which I had not used before getting this plugin). Thought I'd mention that, so you don't get disappointed in the first few seconds ;)

I definitly went DERP when I was first messing with it. In fact my reaction was "why does the transient sound so much better with the attack so fast?"

:lol:

Thanks for the tip on the 1176! I finally convinced myself that I would regret it later if I didn't buy them now. So now I have lots of compressing goodness :)

I'm guessing from the name of the coupon code that the deal lasts all through July. Not sure though

^ Glad to hear I'm not the only one that did not know that! The first minute when I started trying the thing I was completely thrown off because what I was hearing didn't match my expectations at all :D It's like you would boost air on your new fancy EQ and hear the bass increase. Or drinking Sprite when you are expecting water...

Have any of you guys found some "go-to applications" for the CLA3a btw? Whenever I try it I usually like it, but for some reason it's never the first thing that pops into my head.

welp