CLA Classic Compressors Still Kick Ass?

The only plugins from Waves I actually use regularly are the LA2A, LA3A, and L1. I hate the 1176 but I hate 1176's anyways. Those plugins I swear by if I'm out of hardware comps.

Ah Man for me it's the complete opposite I can't live without the 1176 It gets used everywhere! And the 3A so far has been the best compressor for acoustics I've used yet. the 2a.. Not so much I way prefer the VC2A but if your alternative is nothing the 2a is great! Good purchase :headbang:

I think they are the best investment I've made so far. I havent tried many compressors since I've only been doing this for 2 years, but the 3a seems to make almost anything sound better, and if i'm looking for a specific sound, the 76 usually helps me get there. I love the 2a and 3a just because they are so simple. Drop it on a channel, adjust two knobs and you're done. Between these and density MKIII I think my compression bases are covered :)

^Yea, the 3A was a pleasant surprise to me too. When I bought the package, I was pretty much just going for the 1176 and 2A, but as time passes by, I reach for the 3A more and more often. To me it sounds like a darker (and by that I don't mean less highs) alternative to the 2A. When using just a little bit of GR, it reminds me of tape saturation on the high mids. For that reason, I actually don't hate it on electric guitars... which I cannot say for any other compressor I've tried.

I once shot out the IK 1176 against the Waves CLA76 and the (original) UAD 1176. The main aspects were how fast the attack can grab the transients and how easily and effortless-sounding it can pin a signal's level. The UAD came out first, followed by the IK and lastly the CLA76 while the ranking had been the same for both aspects.
While the tone from the CLA can be nice (especially the Bluey), I am not very fond of the compression characteristics.
I kept the Waves, because I had them already and I can always consult my Distressor to fill the gap.

I'd say if you have the IK already, keep it. It's good.

and it's a way better deal than the waves CLA compressor. The total studio bundle is cheaper and gives you the compressors plus a crap load of other stuff.

yeah I just realized that. It comes with other compressors just not the 76 :( That's too bad. I guess I can always just purchase it later in the custom shop. Still glad I bought the bundle though.

I once shot out the IK 1176 against the Waves CLA76 and the (original) UAD 1176. The main aspects were how fast the attack can grab the transients and how easily and effortless-sounding it can pin a signal's level. The UAD came out first, followed by the IK and lastly the CLA76 while the ranking had been the same for both aspects.
While the tone from the CLA can be nice (especially the Bluey), I am not very fond of the compression characteristics.
I kept the Waves, because I had them already and I can always consult my Distressor to fill the gap.

I'd say if you have the IK already, keep it. It's good.

Interesting.

I've had the IK compressors since they came out and never really used them. Bought CLA Comps last year and the 1176 practically never leaves my tracks :p

Might have to revisit the IK plugs... Hmm...

Has anybody received their licenses from audiodeluxe yet? More than 24h has passed, and my order status is still "Pending license delivery". WAT DO?

Has anybody received their licenses from audiodeluxe yet? More than 24h has passed, and my order status is still "Pending license delivery". WAT DO?

Wait another day, then if you've still heard nothing you can contact them by email but I don't think there is anything to worry about. Sometimes they get backlogged when they have these sales.

i have both waves cla + t:racks3deluxe.... i would say the tracks version sound better!! BUT ...and thats the main problem..oversampled in highest quality 1 t:rack tube comp...is like opening 5 or more waves tube comps. So i always go for the cla ones...

i have both waves cla + t:racks3deluxe.... i would say the tracks version sound better!! BUT ...and thats the main problem..oversampled in highest quality 1 t:rack tube comp...is like opening 5 or more waves tube comps. So i always go for the cla ones...

Sorry for my poor English.

You said that T.Racks sound better but is more CPU expensive ?