Waves Gold 5.0 / Vocal Bundle on Windows 7

MatrixClaw

May 22, 2010
Mesa, AZ
I'm having some issues installing this after upgrading from XP (they were installed there and working fine) - It's possible I'm not using the right download links from the Waves website, but I can't figure out which ones I need to use, because none of them seem to work.

I had the 5.9.7 installed, but it seems my license is only for 5.9, because it won't authorize... Anyone have 5.0 running correctly with the 5.9 enabler? I can't figure out how to email Waves to ask them for support, because I don't have the disks (ie: The serial numbers), but I do have the iLok with the licenses registered to it:

Waves 5.0 (Waves Default Product, Waves Doubler Native, Waves Native Gold Bundle)
Waves 5.9 Enabler (Waves Default Product)
Waves IRx (IR0_Native_Token, Waves Default Product)
Waves Vocal Bundle (Waves Default Product, Waves Tune Lite Native)

Is there anyway to figure out what the serial numbers are from the iLok website? Or does anyone have any idea how to get these working? I'm at a loss currently... :(

Update:

Finally got 5.0 installed. It works fine in Reaper, but the Vocal Bundle doesn't seem to show up at all in the plugins on the program, even though it clearly shows the .dll file in the Waves folder. When searching for the plugins on Reaper it said "You are unauthorized to use this plug-in component. Please contact Waves for registering it," when it got to WaveShell-VST 5.2.dll - Then it crashes. Reopening Reaper works just fine after that, though, and I'm then allowed to use all my Waves plugins (aside from the Vocal bundle, as I said before).

I used these downloads:

http://www.waves.com/SpecialPage.as...lPlatform=489&selHost=597&selAPA=1048#top#top

However, when I load PT9, it keeps crashing on startup when it tries to load WaveShell-DAE 5.0.dpm - Any ideas? :(

5.0 is not compatible with PT9

You'll have to update your waves versions to at least 7

http://www.wavesupport.net/SpecialPage.aspx?id=93&hidPageType=5

Hmm, I guess that explains it.

The only problem is, I bought my iLok and the software licenses "used" and it seems the only way to upgrade my Waves license is if I have the original serial numbers from the disks/downloads, which I was not given. I'm going to try emailing the guy and see if he remembers his waves account login, because if I can get that, I should be able to upgrade (since I can't seem to find any way on the iLok website to view serial numbers for the Waves licenses I have?).

I can't contact Waves for help either, because in order to use their support system, you apparently need to have the serial numbers for your software on your account. I can't seem to find any workaround for this? :mad:

*edit* Got it all solved. Had to upgrade, but whatever :p