Waves Renaissance Bass free on Black Friday

So am I the only one who got screwed out of this? :lol:

Is it the same deal as before where the code is the same for everyone? If so, could someone hook a brother up?

I got it, It was in the "Special Offers" or whatever it is in the english setup of Gmail (I'm Finnish). So it might be in your junkmail or something? I too started to wonder where my free Waves was! :D

i pre-registerd also, got nothing on friday... re-enterd my mail-adress and received the link/serial immediately...

I actually contacted Waves and they said they re-registered for me and I still have no serial number.....

Hey Bryan,

Forward your RenBass email (with the serial number) and your Waves Login to me at tim@waves.com and I'll look into this for you.

Anyone else here having issues is welcome to contact me direct as well. The internet in general in the US and EU was crushed over the weekend and caused several issues. Not only with Waves but other companies and ISPs.

Either way I'll get you taken care of if I can.

UPDATE: Bryan I found your serial number and it's registered in your account now. You can now log into the Waves License Center and authorize.

Tim, thank you! So odd, I never received any email with serial number, but for damn sure the plugin is in my account and registered. Sweetness!!

EDIT: Now here comes the part that always screws my brain out -- Reaper never sees the damn Waves plugs. I have the VST directories all set in Reaper. If I recall correctly, I had to uninstall and re-install the License Center to get them to work. I wish there was something easier.....

hit clear "cache / re-scan" in the vst-preferences, this usually does the trick!

Unfortunately not for me. I got a ton of errors saying "Program cannot start because Waves9.1_64 blah blah.dll is missing from your computer", along with a bunch of others. It scanned, then all is fine except the brand new plug I just registered doesn't show.

Just an update: Finally got RBass working.

This happens every time I get a new Waves plug. I have to uninstall then reinstall the License Center to get it to work.

Now if I only had time to really test it...... =/

Wish ANY of my Waves plugins would work.

Upgraded my computer to Windows 8.1 and now the License Center thinks I'm on a new computer and I've completely lost all licenses that were stored on the computer. Don't have the ability to recover them, either. Would've installed to a flash drive, but I only use one computer for production, so I figured I'd be fine. Guess not...

Upgraded my computer to Windows 8.1 and now the License Center thinks I'm on a new computer and I've completely lost all licenses that were stored on the computer. Don't have the ability to recover them, either. Would've installed to a flash drive, but I only use one computer for production, so I figured I'd be fine. Guess not...

Did you contact support and see if they could help you? They seem fairly cool as far as I've dealt with.

But...shouldn't you have probably sent the licenses to the "cloud" before upgrading? Or yeah, flash drive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are most of you setting the eq to the fundamental of the track? I played with it a bit. I think I might prefer MaxxBass still.

Did you contact support and see if they could help you? They seem fairly cool as far as I've dealt with.

But...shouldn't you have probably sent the licenses to the "cloud" before upgrading? Or yeah, flash drive.

I did, they told me I have to call in their support, so they could remotely log into my computer to verify that my computer wasn't showing the licenses. I have an insanely busy schedule and my production computer isn't connected to the internet currently (renovating). Either way, at the end of the day, the last thing I really want to do is to have to sit there and talk on the phone to their CS for an hour, trying to get this fixed. I've sent them screenshots of everything, so they can see the problem, but they still keep insisting that I call them, and I really just don't have the time right now. I've been making due with my IK plugs, but all of my templates and presets revolve around my Waves plugs, so it's been a hassle.

I would've sent the licenses to the "Cloud," or to a flash drive had I known that WLC would think that I was physically on a completely different computer now after updating my OS. They've already told me they're aware of the problem, but for some reason can't just reset my recovery timer so I can get on with life.

Interesting, I'll have to see if this does anything different than what I've been told before, but when I go to the "Recover" tab (or whatever it's called), all of my plugins are greyed out, not allowing me to recover them.