Way off-topic.... deforrestation....

Wheezer said:
Private ownership versus public:

Ted Turner owns millions of acres of Montana. I'll never get to set foot on that land and enjoy its beauty.

The Federal Government owns Rocky Mountain National Park, which is about an hour drive from my home. I've been there four times this Spring/Summer/Fall. I go several times every year.

---snipped----

Anyways, my two cents.

Point well taken. As I stated in another post, I don't think we will ever see the federal government reduced to something so small that they won't have a Parks and Recreation department. However, a vast majority of public parks are owned by the State. The same applies there though. Only the extreme forms of Classical Liberalism (not to be confused with modern or common Liberalism) are really brought into light in many publications. The purpose of Libertarianism is simply to allow more individual freedom and keep Uncle Sam off of the backs of people.

Bryant

Wheezer said:
The youngest Stepson is here visiting from North Carolina. He works in construction and told us about some new developments going in. They cleared whole fields of trees, piled them up, and burned them. Needless to say, I was shocked. To remove the trees and waste them like that was unbelievable.

Yes I agree. It is cheaper to waste than recycle. The developers didn't tear down the house by hand and reuse the material. They pushed this 3000 sq ft. + (though older) house over with a bulldover and burned it.

Bryant