We Came As Romans - To Plant A Seed

Fandus

Aug 13, 2009
sorry if this has been covered, and if it has please link me.

i see the truth black and gold kit was most likely the kit used to track this album, just wondering how much of those samples made it onto the record?

sounds like alot of slate going on to me, correct me if im wrong.

and basically any handy info on this production would be cool to know, but mostly i'm interested on the drums and if the samples taken from the kit are present, and if so how they we're processed/blended.

thanks! :)

black and gold kit was from their song 'to move on is to grow'
and i can hear a lot of those samples in it. apparently the miss may i snare was also in there too.
there is more samples (of at least the cymbals) for their new album which is to be released later this year im assuming

to plant a seed was slate.

I think he samples the kit of a band and uses it for fixing up problems after slip editing the drums, so he gets a tight raw drum take. Then he processes and layers samples (augmenting the sound) and uses that with slip edited cymbals.his productions sound huge (drum wise) definately more going on there than just that sampled kit

I think he samples the kit of a band and uses it for fixing up problems after slip editing the drums, so he gets a tight raw drum take. Then he processes and layers samples (augmenting the sound) and uses that with slip edited cymbals.his productions sound huge (drum wise) definately more going on there than just that sampled kit

You can get a HUGE drum sound with using any samples whatsoever. It's not that hard if they were tracked properly.

black and gold kit was from their song 'to move on is to grow'
and i can hear a lot of those samples in it. apparently the miss may i snare was also in there too.
there is more samples (of at least the cymbals) for their new album which is to be released later this year im assuming

to plant a seed was slate.

It all makes sense now, cheers dude! I was thinking he sampled it and didn't use it. Didn't think it was post-album.

yeah this is essentially what's going on

there's also a shit ton of eq everywhere

eq is my best friend

Joey do you find yourself having more than 1 chain of EQ happening on a channel? Like a hi and low pass with cuts in all the junk areas, bounce em, do your boosts in the appropriate frequencies according to the notes being played? Or is it 1 solid chain?

OneDaySky said:
Joey do you find yourself having more than 1 chain of EQ happening on a channel? Like a hi and low pass with cuts in all the junk areas, bounce em, do your boosts in the appropriate frequencies according to the notes being played? Or is it 1 solid chain?
That seems like a waste of time? One chain of everything for guitars would make more sense.

I've done a bit of searching but can't find anything on this album.

I've had it on repeat the last few weeks and the production has slowly grown on me.

Is there anything different about this album from joeys other work? (pod farm, slate, nigel etc)

Would be interesting to get some info on it!

does any one no what slate snare is being used on this album or where i can go to read more info on the production album?

does any one no what slate snare is being used on this album or where i can go to read more info on the production album?

Open Kontakt with Slate, pull up Snare 12a, start clicking in lower velocity region of the virtual key and make your way to the high velocity region of the key.

You now have the start of the first song on the CD.

Open Kontakt with Slate, pull up Snare 12a, start clicking in lower velocity region of the virtual key and make your way to the high velocity region of the key.

You now have the start of the first song on the CD.

pretty sure there's floor tom in there too..

i do this for fun :p

it's not a conventional thing to play as a drummer, but i just watched a live video, i was wrong haha.

yeah im assuming transient designer and some room on it