We Came As Romans - Understanding What Weve Grown To Be

Sounds good!
I saw them a few weeks ago and Kyle really can't preform. I don't doubt he's a good singer but i hope they wrote he's parts with that in mind this time!

ya he did ive heard the new cd and he does not go nearly as high as he did in to plant a seed it should be interested to see how he does the new stuff live

Dig this album.
Is the synth/piano stuff played through a keyboard or is it programmed?
The keyboard stuff MAKES the album, imo. (Tracks 5 and 6 are great especially)
I'm also really enjoying the lyrics too.

The one thing that I dislike is that a lot of the clean vocals don't sound as clear as they SHOULD be. Like the singer had a hard time pronouncing the words or something. During some choruses I need to actively try and decipher what he is saying, I don't like that.

Anyway, Im a big critic so don't take this to heart, I thought it was a great album.

Honestly the vocals on the recording sound great. There's really no presence of strain on them, but I will concede that his performances on Warped Tour could have been better.

The aspect of this album that shines the most is the drums and I hope Joey will lend us some production info about what was done to them.

DeclanWhite said:
luke holland is overrated.

steve aoki is way better

I like both
But I think luke is good enough
His linear drumming is freakish in his newer pop covers
Starry eyed girl is my fav.
But there's guys who are waaaay more overrated than Luke IMO ie cobus / barker / Adam gray (yea I said it...)

BUT.... I'm still not as technique saavy as any of the guys so I guess the jokes on me :p

Slightly off topic, but I put the last track of the cd in T-Racks because I noticed it was considerably louder than any cd I've heard Joey mix. Come to find out the song was not only clipping, but the perceived loudness and rms volume where both pushing at -6. Does anyone think this is pushing the mix too much?

Does anyone know where I could find drum hits like the ones in the begining of stay inspired is that from east west symphonic or are those from some sample pack or perhaps home-made samples? I've been looking for something like that for a long time.

There's guys who are waaaay more overrated than Luke IMO ie cobus / barker / Adam gray (yea I said it...)

yeah for sure, ESPECIALLY COBUS. he's not even what i'd classify as 'good'. just did some drum covers and now works for drumchannel :|

gray is one of the most perfect '127 velocity' drummers ive ever seen haha. he sounds programmed... i dont dig.

travis barker is one of my main inspirations. i'm not ashamed to admit it. he changed modern rock drumming and influenced a LOT of people.

Honestly the vocals on the recording sound great. There's really no presence of strain on them, but I will concede that his performances on Warped Tour could have been better.

The aspect of this album that shines the most is the drums and I hope Joey will lend us some production info about what was done to them.

we spent a month on drums alone

we sampled a buntch of drums and i ended up not liking any of it. the only thing that came out of the whole sampling process was the Masters One series (for sale on my drum store) which was the best possible recording of cymbals i could possibly make given my gear. I think the quality of that speaks for its self.

the actual drum tones I used were the same from the first album, just mixed better.

if you're wondering why we spent so long on drums, listen to the songs and then go try to play them on drums note for note. its fucking complex shit.

Dig this album.
Is the synth/piano stuff played through a keyboard or is it programmed?
The keyboard stuff MAKES the album, imo. (Tracks 5 and 6 are great especially)
I'm also really enjoying the lyrics too.

The one thing that I dislike is that a lot of the clean vocals don't sound as clear as they SHOULD be. Like the singer had a hard time pronouncing the words or something. During some choruses I need to actively try and decipher what he is saying, I don't like that.

Anyway, Im a big critic so don't take this to heart, I thought it was a great album.
i'll give it to you straight. i even used precense modification tricks to bring out the air in his voice... the guy just can't pronounce words in that high register. it was a painful process for me. putting something together that is so massive on a musical scale then to slide the vocals into it just really sucked dick. it could have been so much more.