We got the bass guitar :) Anyone willing to do vocals?

Soundlurker

Nov 19, 2005
Thanks to doc_blackmask my song now has a nice growling bass guitar. It's still lacking vox, though, so anyone willing to give it a go is very welcome to do so :)

click here

Oh, and tell us whether you like the mix or not. Cheers! :kickass:

sounds pretty damn good through my phones...i'll give it a go on the monitors tomorrow

i would totally give the vox a shot, but i'm way too lazy/busy to write any lyrics

Yeah, I guessed that might be a problem. Just give it a go with some existing lyrics, they can be changed later :)

Man, this would sound beastly with some good vox, and I think it has space for some nice synth stuff as well.

Kurtz - Why not just growl/sing/scream the melody lines you think would fit, then add actual lyrics later?

it's funny you say that... i was sitting around last night doing a bunch of random screaming/growling/whatever to it while pounding some beers, and thought to myself "man, i should record this shit, even if it's random and gay"

but then i didn't, because everyone else was asleep

Yes, it's the custom amp, just 2 tracks, slight eq and c4. I'll try to fix some sqeeks from my playing and I'll also add 2 more tracks with the other channel mode.

I had a go at reamping the 2 new tracks. I crudely added them to the mix in your first post with Doc's Bass MP3. I didn't get the guitar tracks lined up exactly so a little definition is lost. But you should get the idea. Just panned them 100 L/R with just 80-12k filter on V1 and V2 and slight high boost on V1+hi's.

If you line them up in the mix it might sound nice.

Only the samples for now. Will start the WAV upload of V1 and V2 now. Check my folder on the ftp later.

http://sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/GuitarHack/Shadow Walker/SW_Doc_mix2 + KrankV1.mp3

http://sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/GuitarHack/Shadow Walker/SW_Doc_mix2 + KrankV2.mp3

http://sneapforum.celtiaproductions.co.uk/GuitarHack/Shadow Walker/SW_Doc_mix2 + KrankV1+Hi's.mp3

Wow, this is really turning into quite an intercontinental collaboration. And it just keeps sounding better! C'mon guys, some of you can growl like you birthed the devil *cough* Gavin *cough* ;) I have some lyrics I recently wrote that if anyone is up for tracking you can try. I haven't yet determined a song for them, so maybe here. I can't track due to a lack of mic cable right now... don't ask.

Yes, it's getting better and better but we're still missing the crucial part :)
Anyway, here are two mixes, with the two different pairs of tracks GuitarHack provided:
V1
V2

Yeah, the krank tracks do blend in pretty nice.

Anyway, I got my reamp box so I made a new version of the mix. Four different tracks of my custom amp all going into voxengo boogex with GuitarHack's 'between -half' impulse.

new mix

BTW, I just noticed I've joined this forum 2 years ago so I dug up one of the first mixes I've posted.

old stuff

:lol: