We had a housewarming party this weekend and...

I used to be really anal about this too, but I've given up really as it would only eat me up. Scratches and dings ftw, and hey, you have something to remember your awesome house party from lol.

From your perspective though, bastard of a ding especially being a one off instrument. Im guessing it happend and then they shat themselves so much they couldnt possibly bear tell you. Maybe you could facebook everyone at the party to at least get some leads and perhaps they are more likely to own up over the net and try and make amends for it. You'll be pissed off for a long while otherwise and probably be a bit reserved to everyone who was there unless you get to the bottom of it.

I used to be really anal about this too, but I've given up really as it would only eat me up. Scratches and dings ftw, and hey, you have something to remember your awesome house party from lol.

I do understand your point of view, but that's pretty much like parking your dream Porsche in Vegas and having someone scratch the doors. Yeah, you'll surely remember that awesome night in Vegas, but some motherfucker still mutilated your motherfucking Porsche, right?

From your perspective though, bastard of a ding especially being a one off instrument. Im guessing it happend and then they shat themselves so much they couldnt possibly bear tell you. Maybe you could facebook everyone at the party to at least get some leads and perhaps they are more likely to own up over the net and try and make amends for it. You'll be pissed off for a long while otherwise and probably be a bit reserved to everyone who was there unless you get to the bottom of it.

Yeah, gathering information in such a subtle and civilized manner would be a good tactic here, but instead I chose to post a public FB announcement that whoever is responsible will be pounded to fucking oblivion and back. Granted I'll probably never find out who did it, and will have to eventually pay for the repair myself, but at least it gave me a bit of a temporary satisfaction knowing that whoever did it probably feels quite horrible right now.

This is exactly why, whenever my roommates would have parties in college, I'd get anything I didn't want damaged or stolen, put it in a room, and lock it up. No one had access to the room except me unless they decided to break down the door or something crazy.

I'd be willing to say that it's hardly ever your friends that will fuck with your stuff, it's the people they bring with them, cause they don't give a fuck since they don't know you.

I'd be willing to say that it's hardly ever your friends that will fuck with your stuff, it's the people they bring with them, cause they don't give a fuck since they don't know you.

I hear you. The close friends I had here were the first to contact me and I absolutely trust them in things like these. I know if it had been one of these guys, they would have told me immediately and offered to cover all the expenses.

That sucks Jarkko, I hope you find out who did this... if it was a true friend, he would have told you right away..

who ever did this should be analraped with exactly the same guitar.
sure, the guitar is fucked completely then, but you would have a satisfying revenge! :D

I flinched when I saw that ding, bro. I can imagine you picking it up, and just looking at it, all quiet, and then your stomache drops inside your stomache, your butthole tightens up... and then the marvelous, searing rage...

I don't mind battle scars on my axe, as long as it's ME THAT FUCKING MAKES 'EM.

Get Ving Rhames from Pulp Fiction on their ass with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. And Mr. Soon-to-be-living-the-rest-of-his-short-ass-life-in-agonizing-pain will pay for the damage.

Will he blend? I'm sure a person is the only thing that hasn't been tested with one of those blendtech blenders.

That really blows, dude. You've only had that guitar for 4 months! NERDRAGE.