We had a housewarming party this weekend and...

...some fuckwad has seen it appropriate to mutilate my beloved hand-made Gordon-Smith Explorer without so much as telling me about it. A 2,5cm x 1cm piece has been knocked to bare wood, so it's a cosmetic thing, but I'm fucking anal about my gear, and I've never so much as scratched any of the dozen or so guitars I've owned sans an Ibanez RG321 that fell from the stand it was on.

Considering this isn't a production model but a hand-made instrument made with my requested specs, I'm absolutely fucking furious and really considering to give the person responsible (whoever it is) a good beating for this. Who the fuck does such a thing without having the curtesy to tell me about it?

That's one of the reasons i'm seriously considering building guitar display cabinets with locks.

My first guitar had a massive chip, and my cousin was responsible for it.
Couldn't just slap the bastard cause he is family.But i was seriously pissed.

Sorry to hear about your axe man!!!:(

Isn't the damage repairable?

That's one of the reasons i'm seriously considering building guitar display cabinets with locks.

My first guitar had a massive chip, and my cousin was responsible for it.
Couldn't just slap the bastard cause he is family.But i was seriously pissed.

Sorry to hear about your axe man!!!:(

Isn't the damage repairable?

It's repairable. Some black nail polish will probably make it unnoticable enough to give me some peace of mind as GS use a thin coat of melamine finish, and a skilled luthier could probably make it nearly impossible to spot from the original finish by some careful sanding and refinishing, but I'm absolutely broke at the moment.

It just kills me that I've owned lots and lots of cheap guitars and they have always been in at least near mint condition when I've parted ways with them, and now that I could finally afford the axe I've wanted since I was a kid someone comes and makes a massive ding on it.

It's repairable. Some black nail polish will probably make it unnoticable enough to give me some peace of mind as GS use a thin coat of melamine finish, and a skilled luthier could probably make it nearly impossible to spot from the original finish by some careful sanding and refinishing, but I'm absolutely broke at the moment.

It just kills me that I've owned lots and lots of cheap guitars and they have always been in at least near mint condition when I've parted ways with them, and now that I could finally afford the axe I've wanted since I was a kid someone comes and makes a massive ding on it.

Find the bastard and make him pay the luthier

Here's the ding:

explorer_ding.jpg

It's on the front side of the back "horn", so it's pretty clear someone has been playing a rock star and managed to swing it into something hard.

I feel for you Jarkko - I learned long ago that I close off my home studio room whenever I have guests over visiting as they tend to wander past it on their way to the bathroom in my house and the next thing you know they are walking around the house with one of my guitars in hand trying to do their best Pete Townsend windmills (never having the basic decency to put a strap around their neck so they don't drop it), it took a few times having incidents like that for me to put a lock on the door and when people are coming over all the gear and my home studio get safely locked away.

Seriously though - if you do find out who did this awful deed, give him a quote for repair and tell him to pay up!!!! The alternative is a beating is required!

Seriously though - if you do find out who did this awful deed, give him a quote for repair and tell him to pay up!!!! The alternative is a beating is required!

Absolutely. Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any decent luthiers with experience in instruments anywhere near here. There was one great luthier who made really good custom axes, but as far as I know, he has gone out of business a long time ago.

Crack him in the forehead with a wooden spoon, but make sure you do it hard enough to break the skin and for it to scar. That way whenever he looks in the mirror, he will remember that you never, ever, ever fuck with another mans axe.

Also, kick him in the balls and take all the money out of his wallet.

What a cunt.

Of course, me too, but I have no idea who did it. Fuck, for all I know, it could've been me :lol: Kidding, of course.

From the nature of the ding and some curious black marks on the side of my work room's door someone's been playing a rock star and no-one knows who. As a bonus, I can't seem to find a competent luthier anywhere near. This shit has been pissing off the whole day.