Website available???

Coraje

New Metal Member
Sep 15, 2004
Hi Neil, i was wondering if you have some kind of website with details about your past & present works, bio, equipment and all that stuff.... that would be very interesting....

Another question is.... Do you think there's any big difference in terms of quality/ overall sound when you work in other studios instead of you own?

Hi there,

My website is:

http://auslander.net

To answer your other question, I don't have my own recording studio. I have a Pro Tools HD setup at home that I use to do editing, compiling of projects and general pre-mix work on, but I do all my recording in studios all over the US. I live in Chicago and do my mixing at any of several studios here. I'm currently unable to leave the US due to my Green Card situation, but prior to that mess I was travelling all over the world making records too.

The main time I find there's a difference in sound on the albums I work on is when I mix a record that I didn't track. Quite often the sound of the recording isn't quite up to par, so it's often quite a struggle to get the sounds to be as powerful as I would like them to be, simply because the sounds on the recording might be quite weak. Still, that's what mixing is all about, and you have to work really hard to make everything sound right. If I track AND mix an album I work really hard to get the most out of the recorded sounds as well as on the mixing. I'm not a believer in the "fix it in the mix" syndrome. The more care you take in getting good sounds on the recording the stronger things will sound in the end, that's for sure.

Neil K.