Website redesign

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
So, if I can't get a real web developer to touch this, is this format an improvement over the current look:

http://www.lotfp.com/New/testindex.htm

I understand it looks mighty shitty in IE, but people using Firefox or Opera say it looks keen(er). Some of the graphics on top would be improved if it was decided to use this format.

I learned to do a couple new things today: Image maps, for the new menu. And I learned how to make links stay in the current page instead of opening a new window, without being stuck in just one frame. heh.

The main thing will be the ability to have 8 banners on the right side on the screen at all times. I can use this to keep important articles in mind at all times even when it slides off the main update page. I can maybe pay for some of this web space if somebody wants an ad up there. And it allows the main content area to be a more readable-sized column without creating a ton of wasted space. LotFP is all about having no wasted, eye-comforting white space. :D

Well, I have yet another person who has agreed to tackle the job of redesigning the site.

Now, the usual drill is, I give the specs to a person who says "Yeah, OK!" and I never hear from them again.

I've been in contact with this particular person since 1999 so it will really suck if this happens. haha