Wedding Pictures and a Video of me singing at our Heavy Metal after party.

Melusina

Century Child
Aug 12, 2007
OR
kpesznecker.aminus3.com
Hello my OSA family. As some of you know part of why I have been so scarce around here is that I just got married two weeks ago!!! I had really wanted to join you all for a chat before the wedding, but those few weeks before the big day were crazy busy.

I thought you might all enjoy seeing some pictures from our Fairytale themed wedding. We played the more mild folk metal songs mix in with traditional Celtic music and we did our first dance to the Maiden and the Minstrel Knight by Blind Guardian.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a80/peszkandy/Wedding/

Also here is a video of me performing at the after party with my Husbands band. There are some major mess ups (like the guitarist had his acoustic in the wrong tuning so the start of the SudiAkrA song sounds funny and he never did learn the solo so he just sort of winged it), but as they say the show must go on and I am still super proud because I had not performed in 8 years, so it was a pretty big deal me getting up on stage at all. Also I am cracking up because my hair had so much hairspray it in that it would not move I hope they ask me to perform with them again so I can redeem myself and do some real head banging.

http://youtu.be/sOzRWwDwxu8

Last edited by a moderator:
One more thing! Some of you might recognize the man in the video, this is our beloved Cloud. He flew from Arizona to attend our wedding and performed 3 songs during the ceremony "Ah Ih" and "Love you to Death" and "Sleeping Sun"

He sang "Sleeping Sun" as I walked down the aisle and it made me cry like a baby.

here is a video that he recorded the day before the wedding of "Love you to Death" yep that is my apartment in the video :)

http://youtu.be/ZMUW1YRA9z8http://youtu.be/ZMUW1YRA9z8

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally the video automatically embeds itself, but I'll see if I can help.

Edit: I tried 3 or 4 times to embed this, and it either just shows the link or a blank window. :(

The other one gave me a message saying the video is unlisted and only those with permission can access it. :(

You guys look SO cute in your wedding photos! Well, I thought you guys were a cute couple back at Gibson, but I loved your Renaissance-themed wedding. :D

Awww, Cloud! He's such a sweetie. I still have his cover of "Highway to Hell", which I thoroughly enjoy! :)

I am not a huge Type O Negative fan, so I would have never picked that song on my own, but I let Cloud pick all of the songs and I didn't know what they were until he was playing them that day. I am glad I did it that way, the song was so perfect for the moment and Cloud's voice fits it so damn well.

A belated congrats :] Awesome about the theme. Seems like much more fun than the traditional alternative. It reminds me of something my girlfriend wants to do at some point. She wants to have a themed handfasting ceremony at a future Beltane (she loosely considers herself pagan). She was running through costumes she already has. She said about some 15h century garb she owns, and I got her addicted to Plants vs Zombies, so this year she wants to dress up as a sunflower and a zombie. I mistakenly (and jokingly) said that we should be 15th century zombies, left over from the plague (yeah about 150 years late). She liked the idea. I should keep my mouth shut hehe.

Anyway, I think the real question here is, why didn't cloud perform with a bucket on his head? :p (classic reference for those who remember)

A belated congrats :] Awesome about the theme. Seems like much more fun than the traditional alternative. It reminds me of something my girlfriend wants to do at some point. She wants to have a themed handfasting ceremony at a future Beltane (she loosely considers herself pagan). She was running through costumes she already has. She said about some 15h century garb she owns, and I got her addicted to Plants vs Zombies, so this year she wants to dress up as a sunflower and a zombie. I mistakenly (and jokingly) said that we should be 15th century zombies, left over from the plague (yeah about 150 years late). She liked the idea. I should keep my mouth shut hehe.

Anyway, I think the real question here is, why didn't cloud perform with a bucket on his head? :p (classic reference for those who remember)

Thanks! I am so glad we stuck to our guns and did the theme. We were faced with lots of questions about it during the planning. Being a wedding photographer, I have been to so many weddings and every time I would leave and think to myself "I never ever want that." It was just so not me. So when we got engaged our first plan was to elope and go to Scotland and get married, but we knew our families would flip shit. So we decided that if we were going to do this whole wedding thing we were going to do it our way. Two weeks later we are still getting compliments from our friends and family so I guess we did something right!

Oh and 15th century zombies sound amazing!

Congrats on your nuptuals old friend! Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks Snowy, I am glad there are a few old faces around to share it with. I am also super happy that Cloud was able to attend, even though he is not around here anymore I thought of him as the OSA ambassador at the wedding, and when he sang "Sleeping Sun" I thought of everyone of you.