weed stems your seeds

iekobrid

Authorized XSr™ Dealer
Feb 2, 2006
Doogie Howser, MD
Well, not exactly... or even conclusively...

I noticed this story on the front page of a newsletter sitting on the counter at my cardiologist's office yesterday. Thought I'd share.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/138372.php

' The study results show that being a marijuana smoker at the time of diagnosis was linked to a 70 per cent higher risk of testicular cancer. For men who smoked marijuana at least once a week or who had been smoking it since their teens, the risk was about double that of a man who had never smoked it.

The results also showed that the link with marijuana use might only be with the most aggressive, fast growing form of testicular cancer, nonseminoma. This type of cancer usually develops in younger men between the age of 20 and 35, and accounts for approximately 40 per cent of all cases of testicular cancer.

The rate of testicular germ cell tumors (TGCTs) has been growing by about 3 to 6 per cent a year for the last 40 to 60 years in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, and coincides with a similar rise in the use of marijuana in North American, Europe and Australia. '

' Daling said she first got the idea for the study when she heard a talk eight years ago that showed the brain and the testes both had cellular receptors for tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC, the main psychoactive component of marijuana. Since then, she said, other studies have found other sites for these receptors, which are also located in the heart, uterus, spleen and immune system.

The reproductive system of men naturally produces a cannabinoid-like chemical that is thought to protect against cancer tumors, and Daling, Schwartz and colleagues suggested that perhaps marijuana interferes with this protective process. '