Weird Ozzfest story from Indiana

SexyHoneyBaby

The Devil's Daughter
Dec 11, 2004
The Desert
I picked this up on another message board. WTF?

"I will never go to another Ozzfest ( or as my friend called it, NOzzfest ) Black Sabbath did not show up !!! And to top that off, not one band played anything from Sabbath or Ozzy's solo years. I figured Zakk of all people would break out some Crazy Train or Suicide Solution or SOMETHING from Ozzy. NOPE ! not one song. Indiana got ripped off last night."

Umm...Ozzy is sick. What a dickhead. That guy obviously didn't know a thing about what was going on, and you'd think for someone who's apparently that obsessed with Ozzy...he'd keep up with some other forums or news sites and figure out what the hell was going on. Something tells me he didn't even know there was a second stage, lol.

You may have a point there! lol I researched it a little and seems Ozzy has missed 2 or 3 shows so far. As long as I get a good dose of Maiden I will be all right either way!

From what I've heard, Maiden has been doing a longer set to make up for Black Sabbath skipping the shows since Ozzy has been too sick to perform. So you should be covered either way!

The guy who you quoted sounds like a real moron.

I'm not going to Ozzfest myself though. I might have considered lawn tickets, nice and cheap, but aside from the whole hospital issue...Iron Maiden isn't playing Dallas. They drop off before the last dates of the tour, which include my area, and instead, we get more crap in the main stage like Drowning Pool...and the band replacing Iron Maiden, Velvet Revolver. How gay is that.

I paid stupid money for my tickets. It'll be a fun day! The coolest part is that my nephew is flying in for this event! WOOHOO!!!

I'm going to Ozzfest too and it will be my first time.

It would suck if Sabbath had to cancel. But Maiden would headline, so that's cool.

And I read somewhere that this would be the only chance to see Maiden playing only their older stuff?

Anyway, I have lawn tickets. I am going to die out there! Haha!

Looking forward to this. I really hope Black Sabbath will be there!

Starless Dragon said:
Yeah, it's songs from the first four Maiden albums only on this tour. Then when they go back to headlining, it's gonna be more recent stuff and a few old ones probably.
Hey dude, do you know if Maiden will make it to Phoenix??
If not I don't think I'll make it (Maiden was the kicker for me)

I didn't know, but I checked out the website, and it looks like Iron Maiden is still playing when they hit Phoenix. It says Iron Maiden is playing until August 20th, and Phoenix is listed as the 18th, right?

If I remember Dallas was the first or second date without Iron Maiden, so you should be getting one of their last shows on this tour.

Lucky bastard. Lol.

PANTERAaddict101 said:
I wish Maiden was doing their own tour here, I don't want to pay to watch the rest of the show because I won't, yet it will cost me a bunch if I wanted anything besides lawn seats...

I paid 39 dollars for Phx lawn tickets that come with a parking ticket and a 10 dollar food voucher. I got it thru the ozzfest website.

I won't complain too much if BS can't play as that means longer Iron Maiden set with hopefully some of the songs from the first 4 cds that they don't always play.