Ozzy "retires," from Ozzfest.

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Well, not really, but next year. It's for the best, but partially a ploy (methinks) to explain the lackluster performance on his part at Ozzfest this year, and perhaps generate some interest in the remaining shows, not that that's needed. Speaking for myself (and I think Kittybeast and Pabla), I wouldn't mind if he just cut it out now and let Maiden cover the balance of Ozzfest. Ah well. Might be my last chance to Sabbath afterall.

From Blabbermouth:

Ozzy Osbourne announced on Friday (August 12) that he is retiring as the headliner of his long-running namesake package tour, Ozzfest.

"After 10 years, the Ozzfest's name and reputation have been established," he said in a statement. "It's time for me to move on and do other things." His publicist noted in a statement, "Ozzfest will carry on in 2006, however Ozzy will limit his performances to only a few, select cities."

Osbourne, who's been performing with BLACK SABBATH this summer as the tour's headliner, has been dogged by throat problems, which have forced the band to drop off of the bill on several recent dates, reports MTV.com.

The August 7 concert — which had been slated for Somerset, Wisconsin's Float Rite Park Amphitheatre — was postponed until September 10 in an effort to give Osbourne time to rest his strained vocal chords; it will be the last date of this summer's trek, according to MTV.com. SABBATH have canceled three Ozzfest appearances so far this year — shows on July 27 in Holmdel, New Jersey, July 31 in Noblesville, Indiana and August 2 in Columbus, Ohio — as a direct result of Ozzy's stressed voice. Ticketholders for all three dates were offered full refunds, while co-headliners IRON MAIDEN were called upon to extend their set.

He should retired after "Diary Of A Madman", but of course I'm not fond of Ozzy solo career :D

I hope BS consider seriously to call back Tony Martin.

I agree that Diary was his last reeeeeally good one. By my above comments about Maiden though, I should say I didn't mean to imply anything about Sabbath, whom happen to be one of my all time faves.

KMADD said:
What? Bark At The Moon and The Ultimate Sin are fuckin classics! But back to the
topic his retirement is overdue. He shouldn't even toured this year after that
accident!

Alot of fans think he should have bailed when randy was killed. I'm with KMADD... i've liked all of his solo stuff. Although none of it was "stellar", there are some really good tunes there..... the records he did with zakk are particularly good

No Rest For The Wicked is easily one of his strongest solo albums. I agree he should retire. It's long overdue and Sharon can only wring so much money out of him before she kills him. I would have liked to see him do solo Ozzy stuff one more time but he would never do the setlist I wanted...