Ozzfest rumor, very cool..

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Just saw this on Blabbermouth. Hopefully it isn't just the "European" ozzfest, which tends to be cooler than the American variety. Anyway, this rules:

BLACK SABBATH and IRON MAIDEN will headline the 10th anniversary edition of Ozzfest, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. In addition, ANTHRAX's "Among the Living" lineup — featuring vocalist Joey Belladonna, guitarist Dan Spitz and bassist Frank Bello — is said to have secured a slot on the main stage at the festival, which is expected to kick off in mid-July.

According to unconfirmed reports, the Ozzfest 2005 shows will start later than the previous 9:00 a.m. kick-off time and will include more non-rotating slots on the second stage.

Prior to headlining the 2005 edition of Ozzfest, BLACK SABBATH will embark on a short European tour, which will include an appearance at the U.K.'s Download festival (where they will headline the "Ozzfest" day on June 11).

Well, there it is. To see Maiden, Sabbath, reunited Anthrax (not my favorite, but Among the living was cool), and I'm thinking some other cool acts.....whoa. A show I won't miss!!!!

Sweet! Will be interesting to see who else they can recruit this year.

Wherever Maiden is... I SHALL BE THERE! :heh:
:err: even though I am not a fan of Ozzfest

If Maiden will be there - then SO WILL I...I saw them the last time around after Bruce came back, and when they OPENED the show with Number of the Beast, well...it was just a truly beautiful thing...

I found the same rumours on a Spanish website. I don't even consider Ozzpest a metal festival, but if you can put Black Sabbath original lineup, Iron Maiden and Anthrax classic lineup in the same bill...well that will worth the ticket price IMO

Wyvern said:
I found the same rumours on a Spanish website. I don't even consider Ozzpest a metal festival, but if you can put Black Sabbath original lineup, Iron Maiden and Anthrax classic lineup in the same bill...well that will worth the ticket price IMO

Maybe nu-metal is finally dead and they'll put together a decent lineup this year?

wdiv said:
Maybe nu-metal is finally dead and they'll put together a decent lineup this year?

Well hope is the last thing mankind lose :D Maybe Sharon saw the light at the beginning of the tunnel :lol:

Good point Vern. Yeah this will be the first time I've seen the Real Maiden since
the Somwhere In Time tour in 87. I saw them with Blaze in 96 along with Fear Factory
and it really wasn't the same (sorry Johnny D) Fear Factory owned that night. Plus
this will be the first time I'll get to see the real Anthrax. I've seen the John Bush era
Anthrax a couple of time and it just doesn't cut it.

I saw the first and second Ozzfests but that was it for me. I didn´t like a lot of the bands after that. However, the idea of seeing ANTHRAX with the "Among The Living" line up would make me go there regardless of who else was playing.

I made a point of seeing Maiden twice on the last tour (Edward the Great). Seeing them with Dio and Motorhead was just perfect. To see Sabbath with Maiden....damn! This is really starting to look like a good one. I went a few years ago to see Sabbath and Manson (yeah, I like MM). Mostly Ozzfest is a waste of time though. Still, I think they might get this 10 year anniversary thing right. If they just stick to the old school, this could be amazing. Sabbath, Maiden, Anthrax. Hell, they might even ask Priest back again, or who knows? I agree with the Dio possibility above. This late on, it's just possible that one of the best metal tours ever could fall into place.

Probally the minority... here but id rather see Maiden on their own. Im just not into THe ozzfest scene ..probally my age.. but i dont like most nu metal bands. I missed out on Priest last time because of that same reason but Maiden are my faves and i have seen them every Bruce tour since Number of the BEast. I would like to see Maiden and Priest do a co headliner tour instead. I think putting nu metal bands with the old school bands alienates some people like this old geezer who doesnt care for the new stuff at all. I know im in the minority but take the Dio, Motorhead, Maiden bill pretty much a 80s type retro tour with no nu metal bands and that was pretty awesome. I saw Priest with Maiden on the Screaming for Vengeance tour and i know they opened for Priest on the killers tour not to mention Rob Halford opened for Maiden on the Braave new world tour so hopefully theres a connection and admiration behind the scenes and that could make a great tour. I mean Ozzy?? I just cant take him serioulssy as a rock performer He has made some great Records no doubt what so ever but i saw him once and it was so bad he does the same side to side clapping hands thing allnight for everysong.And when i saw him he played for an hour?? Just real tedious.. not the front man Halford or Dickinson is. Just my opinion and i know im th minority here but id rather see Maiden and Priest pretty much stay away fromthe Ozzfest. Make a tour of ther own Priest Dio Maiden Saxon. Now that would be a great bill

Fred B said:
Probally the minority... here but id rather see Maiden on their own. Im just not into THe ozzfest scene ..probally my age.. but i dont like most nu metal bands. I missed out on Priest last time because of that same reason but Maiden are my faves and i have seen them every Bruce tour since Number of the BEast. I would like to see Maiden and Priest do a co headliner tour instead. I think putting nu metal bands with the old school bands alienates some people like this old geezer who doesnt care for the new stuff at all. I know im in the minority but take the Dio, Motorhead, Maiden bill pretty much a 80s type retro tour with no nu metal bands and that was pretty awesome. I saw Priest with Maiden on the Screaming for Vengeance tour and i know they opened for Priest on the killers tour not to mention Rob Halford opened for Maiden on the Braave new world tour so hopefully theres a connection and admiration behind the scenes and that could make a great tour. I mean Ozzy?? I just cant take him serioulssy as a rock performer He has made some great Records no doubt what so ever but i saw him once and it was so bad he does the same side to side clapping hands thing allnight for everysong.And when i saw him he played for an hour?? Just real tedious.. not the front man Halford or Dickinson is. Just my opinion and i know im th minority here but id rather see Maiden and Priest pretty much stay away fromthe Ozzfest. Make a tour of ther own Priest Dio Maiden Saxon. Now that would be a great bill

The Maiden/Priest thing is the obvious idea that nobody in either band seems to have a clue about. That would be a huge tour. Also, Maiden/Saxon would be awesome, but for whatever reason, will probably never happen. I would rather see Maiden alone myself (and have), and didn't see Priest last year for the same reason as you. Fuck Ozzfest. Still, the preliminaries on this one make it look like it could be good. If they stick to old school bands it will be awesome. I really think that Nu-Metal has no right to really be called metal. It's just a title, but still, to me it's just not metal. Just an opinion. Ozzfest has done a lotta bad shyte. My sincere hope is that since it's the 10th anniversary, and since the rumours thus far are all positive....well, we'll see. There's another thread here about the bands Megadeth is thinking of touring with. Dave is being very cryptic about it, but I think he's implying that they've been invited on the Ozzfest. We'll see.

Other than the shittiness of those emo mallcore bands like Atreyu, Bleeding Through
and ETID. Ozzfest was fairly heavy last year with lacuna coil, God Forbid, Judas
Priest and Dimmu Borgir. Im getting older too and I always keep telling myself
I dont want to fuck with the heat and the crowds but damnit they always put a
band on I actually love. Cradle Of Filth 2 years ago. Slayer at about 3 ozzfests
The mighty Black Sabbath, Primus and so on. So I usually do less drinking and
stay in the shade more and it's tolerable.

KMADD said:
Other than the shittiness of those emo mallcore bands like Atreyu, Bleeding Through
and ETID. Ozzfest was fairly heavy last year with lacuna coil, God Forbid, Judas
Priest and Dimmu Borgir. Im getting older too and I always keep telling myself
I dont want to fuck with the heat and the crowds but damnit they always put a
band on I actually love. Cradle Of Filth 2 years ago. Slayer at about 3 ozzfests
The mighty Black Sabbath, Primus and so on. So I usually do less drinking and
stay in the shade more and it's tolerable.

I'm with you on the heat. I can't stand being outside in the end of Summer with all that friggin' heat and humidity. I puked on the lawn the last time I was there. I have been to three Ozzfests overall but not one in the last 5 years. To me, it is a huge cash & grab for that whore Sharon Osborne.

I wish somebody booking that lineup would get a clue. They either book a bunch of nu-metal dog-barker bands with nothing to say musically, or the old, classic Metal bands that are past their creative prime. How 'bout a compromise somewhere in the middle? Get some of these European bands with a lot of intensity and profficency to play. I know there were a couple last year but that wasn't enough.

Wyvern said:

It was well worth the ticket price LAST year. Sabbath, Priest, Slayer, BLS, come on!

AngelWitch73 said:
the idea of seeing ANTHRAX with the "Among The Living" line up

I'll digress a bit, but I find it interesting how everyone talks about "Among The Living" lineup... Why not "Spreading The Disease" or "State Of Euphoria" or "Persistence of Time" lineup? It's all the same 5 people :)

wdiv said:

I thought nu-metal was dead, emo metal killed it and now pretends to be death or something like that. I think nu-metal got exposed as a fraud (considering the good bands) and the promoters decided to take this new path that is to spread the emocrap over the real metal section and say it is the same, at least that is what I see here in the US.