Is this reunion rumor true?

vincentpghpa

New Metal Member
Feb 19, 2005
BLACK SABBATH and IRON MAIDEN will headline the 10th anniversary edition of Ozzfest, informed sources have told BLABBERMOUTH.NET. In addition, ANTHRAX's "Among the Living" lineup — featuring vocalist Joey Belladonna, guitarist Dan Spitz and bassist Frank Bello — is said to have secured a slot on the main stage at the festival, which is expected to kick off in mid-July.

According to unconfirmed reports, the Ozzfest 2005 shows will start later than the previous 9:00 a.m. kick-off time and will include more non-rotating slots on the second stage.

Prior to headlining the 2005 edition of Ozzfest, BLACK SABBATH will embark on a short European tour, which will include an appearance at the U.K.'s Download festival (where they will headline the "Ozzfest" day on June 11).

Arg_Hamster said:
Yeah. It´s true. Though it´s probably just for Ozzfest and the european festivals.

We'll see. Almost every one of these "We'll see how it goes" reunions ends up with the original lineup having a great time, getting a taste of old glory, and making it official. Priest, Maiden, Black Sabbath, Van Halen and countless others have done the same thing over the last 5 years and gone on to great success. I can't see why Anthrax would be any different.

Rozy157 said:
We'll see. Almost every one of these "We'll see how it goes" reunions ends up with the original lineup having a great time, getting a taste of old glory, and making it official. Priest, Maiden, Black Sabbath, Van Halen and countless others have done the same thing over the last 5 years and gone on to great success. I can't see why Anthrax would be any different.

The Van Halen one didn´t work very well did it? :Smug:

Rozy157 said:

I think there´ d be no other logical way out.

Rozy157 said:
Well, I was getting at the Sammy's latest stint and tour with the band last summer/fall. You're right about the Roth reunion blowing up, haha.

Was it a reunion attempt? I know they recorded 2 songs for the best of CD and both kicked ass. But then, it was the record company request, as far as I know, the record label actually insisted on reuniting with Dave against the band´s will. But then they did the CD with Gary Cherone, which I liked, unlike everyone else, I´m afraid, and are finally reuniting with Sammy I guess?

Rozy157 said:

Hey, I know those bands have tons of credibility, but don't forget another factor: $$$. Maiden wasn't selling with Bailey, Priest wasn't doing well with Ripper, Sabbath was just like useless, and everyone was totally frustrated with Van Halen.

Aside from the fact that every fan on the earth wanted those reuinions, and that they would make plenty of money off them, they were all experiencing like creative lows. Maiden's material was sub-par, Priest's was their lowest in a while, Sabbath wasn't a band anymore, and I don't know much about Van Halen.

Either way, Anthrax has neither problem. They're not doing too well money wise, but then having Bloey wouldn't help very much. Many of their fans hate the new direction, but they don't. They love it, otherwise they might have changed. And they have plenty more fans who agree. Playing old-school stuff, in my opinion, wouldn't be completely welcome. Unless of course, they combined the 2 in a way, sorta like they did with Deathrider on TGOTE. That would be cool, and I think, a possibility.

Either way, I don't see the reuinion being made official.