weird poll about senses

If you had to lose one of your senses, which would it be?

• Total voters
um...lemme think which ones i have first.....sight, smell, taste, touch, hearing - it that it? but smell and taste are linked arent they? so that would be like loosing two, what a crock

Yeah, I saw a documentary about a girl who didn't have any receptors for pain. She was about 5 years old and allready cut off two of her fingers :ill:
What's the point of thinking about such things? I mean do you expect a golden fish to come one day and to offer you three wishes if it can have one of your senses
scratch.gif

i don't think it's uncommon to think about these things. my grandmother became blind when she was somewhere 70 and several people lose a sense during their life time. i've been thinking already too which one i'd prefer to loose if i'd to pick out one, but i've no answer for it still.

anyone seen that canadian movie 'the five senses'? i liked it a lot when i saw it at the movies, though it's a long time ago

Eos said:
But I suppose she didn't have the possibility to choose

i guess not no. well i can think of a number of things which could have diminuished the chances of her becoming blind, but that's not relevant.

i don't think this poll is about the possibility either, it's saying 'if you had to'...

it's just like thinking about several polls on this board
'what do you take with you to a lonely island' i mean, i'm not gonna, but still i don't mind to think of taking 5 cute guys with me ;)

siderea said:
it's just like thinking about several polls on this board
'what do you take with you to a lonely island' i mean, i'm not gonna, but still i don't mind to think of taking 5 cute guys with me ;)
Yeah, but there you were thinking about something positive.. hmm, lets make a poll about "If someone would be up to kill you, which would you prefer? Raping, strangulation (and by what), a bullet, stabing (an axe would be special), decapitation, poisoning, to be buried alive, to be pushed from a high building..."... I'm watching too much TV :ill:

yeah i thought you were on about it because handicaps are rather negative... i don't really mind it, reading your list of crimes even makes me think what i'd like most. i don't mind thinking of which ways i'd prefer to kill myself/which limbs i less mind to miss/what i'd do when home jackers enter the house etc.
though i agree it's nicer to think of that island with those male beauties :D

it is interesting though to simulate losing one of your senses sometimes. like let your boy lead you for km's while your eyes are closed. or check how hard you can bite your lip while it's still narcosed from the dentist.

hey guys, take it easy!! I wasn't trying to make you feel negative and that... It's just... Imagine - i love to smell things. I really love it. I'm a smell-maniac. I love watching the sky, I think I just can't live without it.... I LOVE music, that's for sure. If there is ONE sense I would nevernevernever ever give up - that's hearing. Well, i like food, not so much, but i don't know how i'll feel when i lose my taste... Maybe it would ruin my life or smth... Mmmmm, touching - sex. But you're right - they're all connected, if you lose your smell - you lose your taste and (!!!) i read this somewhere, your desire for sex...... Sooooo. It's a hard decision..... And what if you have to chose between hearing and sight? Ugh.

yeah actually, there can't be a rational one. mostly i heard that she got jealous with her sister because she found out the boy was her sisters boyfriends or she flirted with him and things like that.