Welcome home, David Hicks!

Dän;6197420 said:
Hes a terrorist, he wants to kill us, let him die.

Errr no!

Howard, Bush and Blair have been responsible for thousands of deaths. How many has Hicks been responsible for?

Dan, your a cool guy and all, but open your eyes, see past whatever the fuck reason your blinded by Liberal media for...read some REAL news and see what is happening in the real world dude, the guy wasn't a terrorist, he was a freelance fighter (mercenary) he took up arms for money no matter the fight, at the time it was against the russians, a US sanctioned fight....

I don't care, he trained and was involved with al qaeda, thats enough reason for me to believe he should die.

Also, the fact that he was a mercenary is perhaps even worse, someone who is paid to kill people is less than human. Its not a Liberal thing, and what do you define as real news? It's not as if I get my information from liberal biased news sources, chances are I read similar things as you do.

Errr no!

Howard, Bush and Blair have been responsible for thousands of deaths. How many has Hicks been responsible for?

Hicks was responsible for very few if any deaths, because he was caught. I believe that if he was given the opportunity to carry out a terrorist attack on this country and kill people from his own country that he would do so. I think that that is a fair assumption.

I dont defend the war, i once supported it, particually in its conception, as many did, but i am annoyed at the way that they have gone about it.

Dan, he was running away, not "preparing to kill" anybody.

As an aside, who created and funded Al Qaeda in it's inception ?
Which country paid them 250,000pounds sterling to assasinate Gadaffi in 1996 ?

So you dont agree that, if given the opportunity, he would carry out a terrorist attack?

I don't. The charges he eventually pleaded guilty to were pretty weak. I wouldn't be surprised if they were seen as simply a way out and to get back home.

This seems like a good opportunity to quote Gandalf... someone will know it, i'm thinking mines of Moria, Frodo wanting to slay Gollum... work with me here

Dan,
I guess that the Yanks missed out on having you as a key witness then.

They had fuck all information on Hicks (if they did, his arse would have been grass 5 minutes after they got him), and eventually he had to plead guilty to something to get his case resolved.

As to him wanting to commit a terrorist act here in Oz ?

If he does something after Christmas, I'll humbly eat my words.

Hicks is now useless as a terrorist. Even if he hadn't pleaded guilty and was released with a "well, we were wrong and he's actually a pretty nice guy and likes kittens and puppies", there's not a terrorist organisation that would touch him.

He'd have so may people watching his every move that they'd be crazy even to walk down the opposite side of the street from him.