Welcome Total War fans!

Theredintheskyisours

It is ours you know.
Apr 27, 2003
South Lyon, Michigan, USA
Visit site
Well first I would like to thank Deron for letting us have this sub-forum, and I would like to thank TB666 for e-mailing him. Well, I geuss it's official, we have an Ultimate Metal Clan for Rome: Total War.

TB666 and I are currently looking for outstanding Total War gamers who love metal to join this Clan. We are still in construction, but we can guarantee all of you guys at least a match per week!

Oh also: can I join? I can't guarantee my ability, but I'd like to play with you guys anyway :)

EDIT: When Rome comes out, of course.

Well, I am no strategy genius either, but we thought this would be a good way to bring metalheads together in enjoying history the right way. That is reenacting histories greatest era; the Roman era.

Darkness Eternal: You can join, I have no problem in it. You can't be worse than me because I really suck!:tickled:

Should we allow anyone to join TB666?

Oh yeah and in the mean time until RTW is released we can coordinate Medieval: Total War matches here. That is if anyone is interested.

Oh yeah, you're right. It's best not to blindly enter our Clan without even playing the game.

But we all are probably going to suck when RTW, but Medieval: Total War gives you a bit of experiance.

Oh and BTW you will be kicked out of our Clan if we see you using peasents against an army of enemy Phalanx!:tickled:

Yep, cross your fingers guys. We will soon see how our computers fair in this mighty game.

By the way, if you are unsure a RTW Clan is a good idea, don't be.

There can be up 8 players in multi-player which is ideal enough for the option of a Clan. You can choose from 21 different nations and you better practice a lot with your favorite faction, because you are going to need it.

Believe me, I have played MTW online, and there are some serious strategists on there. You just need to be patient and the best part is you are not that mad you lost, because you still had fun strategising. Yes, it is a disappointment, but it isn't anything as frustrating as losing in Counter-Strike or many other first person shooters.

My computer should handle it beautifully, I can't wait to run it in nice high details :)

I'll start playing online with you guys after I've had a nice few weeks getting used to it on the single player and on random online battles :)

Good luck dudes! I may check out this game. I'm big into Battlefield Vietnam right now, KILLer game. I've been waiting for the Lord of the Rings new one to come out but to be honest, RTW reminds me a LOT of that game.

I'll try to check out the demo.

Also, I dig TheRed's advice of not getting all down when you lose at these games, half the fun is knowing you are losing, cause you have something to strive and get better at! I never minded losing, unless I was in a clan with a bunch of suckers who refused to play as a TEAM. :)

Thanks for the compliment MetalAges! (err...Metal God. He does run Ultimate Metal, does he not!?) The only thing you must be prepared is that some people take quite some time in deploying their forces. I don't think anyone would be like that in our clan. I hope not at least! But yeah, if you have a good computer, you can hopefully join us in matches of 4 against 4. If you have a crappy computer, we can hopefully work something out like have a limited troop number for each player.

Two more weeks until the demo is released. Let's all hope that all goes well.

Brand new fresh built computer! :D

Abit IS7 board
P4 3.0
1 GB Ram
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128
Audigy 2 ZS Plat. Pro
7.1 Surround speaker set!
Antec Case
WD Raptor 10k SATA drive

LOVIN LIFE!

I'm glad I went this route as opposed to buying a Dell. Much cheaper and MUCH more for the $.

Oh you are in business for playing the new age games that are starting to come out!

But those who don't have the fastest computers, don't worry because the creators of Rome: Total War promised us that if you can run Command and Conquer: Generals smoothly, you can play RTW smoothly as well. But that is probably with unit sizes are on default size and not huge.