well... I just ordered a mac

AmirH

meh
Aug 12, 2003
seattle
2.16 gig macbook w/2 gigs ram and 160 gig harddrive. Got an external harddrive, saffire pro and hs80m's on layaway to go with it :) Here's hoping the transition will be an easy one :kickass:

Very old custom pc. 2 gig pentium III with 512 mb ram to be precise, and an emu 1212m, berry pre, senn h280 pros and px100's for the audio. Big big upgrade.

That's great news, you will be inspired.....
If you have any questions hit the forum, there's a bunch of macheads on here.:zombie:

What DAW you gonna use?

I actually don't know yet. I've been using nuendo and before that I used audition. Thing is... I'm not sure I wanna stick with the whole cubase/nuendo thing- I don't like the fact that most effects/processing of any worth have to be found in outside plugs. It excels way more in midi than anything else. I've been considering Logic pro, and digital performer and kinda tottering towards logic cuz I've heard dp is a bitch to learn. Any opinions?

I actually don't know yet. I've been using nuendo and before that I used audition. Thing is... I'm not sure I wanna stick with the whole cubase/nuendo thing- I don't like the fact that most effects/processing of any worth have to be found in outside plugs. It excels way more in midi than anything else. I've been considering Logic pro, and digital performer and kinda tottering towards logic cuz I've heard dp is a bitch to learn. Any opinions?

No opinions because I have only used cubase and audition :)lol:) sorry.

Logic Pro is the best way to go, it's bounce algorithms are superior to any other, and the resulting sound is very clean, noticeable.

umm... read the above post man- seriously considering ditching nuendo/cubase for the reasons mentioned. I will run it in the meantime in xp until I figure out what I'm getting for osx.

Oh wow I'm an idiot.

DP was a bitch for me, but Logic Pro has some quirks of it's own. DFHS sucks in it, for one... get ready to learn programming on a piano roll ;). That, and it's not sample accurate.

Buuut, it has the best stock plugins EVAR. Hell, Space Designer is my favorite reverb plugin, period.