PC Desktop to Mac Laptop

Oct 14, 2010
Detroit, Michigan
Hey so after a series of events where my desk and my mouse and other external peripherals got broken/messed up, I've given up on my Six-Core soundproof Desktop because I dont want to maintain and upgrade monitors, peripherals, and 'ergonomic' solutions. I'm kind of broke so I've been selling it on craigslist and facebook. I'll let it go for a good price if anyone wants more details and lives nearby Michigan and can do some driving

But thats not why I'm bringing it up. I've decided on Mac cuz I like the flow in their DAWs and i'd still have Reaper to fall back on if I need to. My thing is that I will not get another desktop for a while, because I wanna at least wait till I can afford another one with 6 or 12 cores and 16GB+ of RAM while keepin the Laptop

So my q is will I be able to get anything decent done on a Core i5/i7 Macbook Pro 13"? I'd be transitioning from 6 to 2 cores so I know therell be a transition just dont know how tough itll be to adjust. And I'm not sure if the top-of-the-line 13" is gonna be a huge improvement from the base... What do you think? I'm also thinking of upgrading the RAM with 8 gigs.

I am kinda new to these Core i5/i7 laptops, but I know I would always freeze up my 2009 Base Core 2 Duo. Thanks