well I thought the the new JUDAS PRIEST was too boring

rebirth

spacestation '76film
Apr 11, 2004
hell
But was I wrong, screaming for vengence wow they have redone the whole album to soound better..with a different angles .....that guy whats his name the vox man sounds like he is on valium...listen to track #4, is it a ballad or what he is so slow but not slurring his words , what is going on...

what is commerical saleable

it's a pretty good record, but I still shake my head in disbelief and run for the stop button when Loch Ness comes on.

I like the album alot. They have made better, but it certainly holds its own as far as showcasing all of their different sounds for me. My three faves on the album are Hellrider, Judas Rising, and Worth Fighting For. Releasing "Revolution" as the first single certainly didn't give me any indication of how good the album was going to be. Revolution is one of my least favorite Priest songs of all time.

Anyway I think it's a solid album that will make my top three albums of 2005 at years end. Then again Priest is one of my favorite bands of all time so I'm a little biased towards them!

Loch Ness

ps ot a bad mess of doom, with out of tune guitars oh well...
they are still the lords

actually i was not listening at all the vox most of the time, but the guitar play ....like demonizer

Here my 2 cents:

-At first, I thought: "Oh well, this is just another priest album where half the songs are "good", one quarter is absolutely dull and the other quarter is excellent...

-Then I started to see the similarities between some riffs used in the songs on Angel and some older songs ... Most blatant exemple : Judas Rising = Grinder pickied differently...

-Then I noticed how Rob DOESN'T do anything special...

-Then I turn around, put Enemy of God in my cd player and figured it'd be a very COLD day in hell before something remotly as good ever come out! Sorry everyone, but putting out an album after kreator this year'll be suicide !

well, to be more specific...traditional metal like priest is usually cool to me for just a while...i grew up more with death metal and this stuff doesnt really tickle my huevos too much

I do not think anyone should have expected it any different. AOR is probably what a 'Painkiller' follow up would have sounded like in 93,94. 'Angel of Retribution' is a good album for a bunch of old fuckers too.

These songs that make up more than half the cd scream 'Painkiller'. Deal With The Devil,Hellrider,Demonizer,Lochness,Wheels of Fire,Judas Rising. With songs like these no one should be bitching, would a follow up to 'Demolition' with ripper owen make anyone more happy, I fucking doubt it. I think people need to look at all this from a big picture. How long the band has been around,etc...

What the fuck did people really expect from it. I'm sure the band tried their best to make the album, they could just say fuck it do nothing and quit.

Worth Fighting For, XANEX IS THE CLASSIC NORTHERN ENGLISH SOUND....BIG FAT BASS SOUND....

YEAH LOUDNESS, sounds a bit like manowar.....on a bad day....