Lies and Perfidy

Gentleman of the Road
Nov 27, 2002
Washington, Washing-Ton
thefinger.wordpress.com
From Blabbermouth.net:

JUDAS PRIEST's TRAVIS: 'We Hope ROB HALFORD Rejoins The Band' - Jan. 23, 2003
_
JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis has publicly admitted that the group's Ripper Owens era is, for all intents and purposes, over. "We hope [former singer] Rob [Halford] rejoins the band so we can go out this summer, but part of the ball's in his court, so he's going to have to make a decision," he told Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles. It remains unclear if a reunited PRIEST would go it alone or pair up with another act, such as TWISTED SISTER or Sanctuary Artist Management stable-mates IRON MAIDEN.

Jesus...the first time they let Scott talk, and look what he says! This is...wow. Suddenly I'm slightly less depressed.

I read this over on the Halford board. This is promising news, maybe they can do something after Halford's tour this summer.

Maybe Owens will go on to make a great cd like Blaze did after he left Maiden. Great news though, I would love to see Halford back in Priest. :headbang:

Well, hopefully Owens goes back to Winter's Bane and kick starts their heart. That was a promising album they made in the late '90s before JP snagged him full time.

And if Priest & Maiden tour together, I'll cream myself.

I like Jugulator, but was disappointed with Demolition. Ripper is a good vocalist, but to see the METAL GOD Rob Halford join Judas Priest again would be great. Now, if only David Lee Roth could rejoin Van Halen for an album or tour. I'll be waiting anxiously.

Yeah, I guess it would be cool to have Rob back in the band but the Halford stuff is pretty great by itself.
The music on the last couple of Priest CD's was good, but the vocal melodies blew chunks, I have the original demos of all that winters bane crap and thats just what it was pure crap.
Ripper can sing well but he needs someone to write everything for him, words and melodies.
I don't know, sometimes I am torn.

Priest have posted a reply saying, it was false and Ripper is the singer, nothing has changed we are not reuniting etc etc.
Can they not see the signs on the wall?
" You're thinking gorganzola when it's clearly Brie time baby! Step into my office.......cause your F**king FIRED!"
:lol:

I call bullshit.

Tipton & Downing are probably just pissed they didn't get to "announce" it with a big splash or something. It's only a matter of time before Halford is reunited with Priest, if only for financial reasons. That, and proper gangbangs with the reigning queen of metal. Kidding, kidding!

"That, and proper gangbangs with the reigning queen of metal."
Wait....you're talking about Halford being a homosexual aren't you?! :lol: You mean mean person.

S'already being denied via Blabbermouth:

JUDAS PRIEST have no intentions of reuniting with former singer Rob Halford. "There appears to have been some confusion regarding a story that is circulating," begins an official statement released by JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-ordinator Jayne Andrews. "There is no truth in the rumor that there has been a reunion with Rob Halford or that we are doing any shows with him in the summer. Ripper Owens is JUDASPRIEST's vocalist — nothing has changed!"

PRIEST's statement was issued in response to a story that was
originally published on the Canadian web site Brave Words &
Bloody Knuckles, which quoted JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott
Travis as saying that the band were "hop[ing]" that Halford would
rejoin the group in time for a summer tour.

Meanwhile BW&BK writer Clay Marshall stands behind the story
saying: "I've got the guy on tape and can provide an MP3 as proof"