JUDAS PRIEST's TRAVIS: 'We Hope ROB HALFORD Rejoins The Band'

I know my bro Deadly Embrace usually posts stuff like this, but I couldn't resist, being a huge Rob Halford/Judas Priest fan!

------
From BLABBERMOUTH:

JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis has publicly admitted that the group's Ripper Owens era is, for all intents and purposes, over. "We hope [former singer] Rob [Halford] rejoins the band so we can go out this summer, but part of the ball's in his court, so he's going to have to make a decision," he told Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles. It remains unclear if a reunited PRIEST would go it alone or pair up with another act, such as TWISTED SISTER or Sanctuary Artist Management stable-mates IRON MAIDEN.
------

Ironically enough, I met my 'significant other' after a JP concert w/ Ripper Owens... :lol:

Appended post from BLABBERMOUTH:

JUDAS PRIEST: We Are Not Reuniting With ROB HALFORD! - Jan. 24, 2003

Despite reports to the contrary, JUDAS PRIEST have no intentions of reuniting with former singer Rob Halford.

"There appears to have been some confusion regarding a story that is circulating," begins an official statement released by JUDAS PRIEST Management Co-ordinator Jayne Andrews. "There is no truth in the rumor that there has been a reunion with Rob Halford or that we are doing any shows with him in the summer. Ripper Owens is JUDAS PRIEST's vocalist — nothing has changed!"

PRIEST's statement was issued in response to a story that was originally published on (and since removed from) the Canadian web site Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles which quoted JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis as saying that the band were "hop[ing]" that Halford would rejoin the group in time for a summer tour.

Blabbermouth posted a link to the mp3 where Scott Travis tells Clay Walker that they want Rob to rejoin....and Ripper apparently went on the radio the other night to say that he is still the singer in Priest......

I think that we'll find out that Ripper is out (IF Rob is interested in rejoining, that is....), its just that the band hasn't told him yet. For whatever reason Scott let the news slip early....