Ripper out of Priest. Maiden tour next?

Melisan

Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
From Blabbermouth:

JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis has publicly admitted that the group's Ripper Owens era is, for all intents and purposes, over. "We hope [former singer] Rob [Halford] rejoins the band so we can go out this summer, but part of the ball's in his court, so he's going to have to make a decision," he told Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles. It remains unclear if a reunited PRIEST would go it alone or pair up with another act, such as TWISTED SISTER or Sanctuary Artist Management stable-mates IRON MAIDEN.

YES! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I can listen to Priest again!

Oh wait, I already have been listening to Priest this month. This would be so cool, though if it happened.

No problem with Halford solo here. From what I've read, it sounds like Rob's doing a great set with a bunch of old Priest songs like, "Riding on the Wind", "Stained Class", "Tyrant" of Sad Wings... "Sinner" off Sin After Sin.
Damn, when was the last time Priest played these songs?
Priest is great, but have done enough for a while - IMO. I'd actually rather see Scott Travis play with Racer X.
Now an Iron Maiden and a Racer X tour...
That would rule! :yow:

Well... Jayne Andrews... Priest's Manager... who no one seems to like... has just shot down the rumor...
but, the writer from Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles is sticking to it saying that he has Travis on tape....
oh well, I won't believe it until I hear it from Rob or KK

Deep Purple was denying reunion rumors back in 1984 up to the month that the Mark 2 line up announced that they were reuniting. Kiss also did the same thing back in 1996.

I think someone is just trying to keep people at bay.

Originally posted by Keyser Soze
... I won't believe it until I hear it from Rob or KK

I won't even believe that. Back when Priest first seemed to break up in the early 90's, I saw Halford sing for Black Sabbath in Costa Mesa (which was very cool). Rob spoke to the crowd and made the comment that Priest had not split up and he'll be getting back together with them. He didn't give any details. History proved that false. So, at this point, I don't believe anything or anybody. When it happens, that's when I believe it.

Actually, the only reason why Halford ever left Priest in the first place was because Sony records, in a move that was incredibly short-sighted, forbid Rob to carry on with Priest AND have a solo career. Well, Priest is on Atlantic Records now and I'm sure that they'd be well happy to have Rob sign back on with the Priest and record with them again. I'm sure this is not the last time we'll hear of this story.

I sure hope Rob gets back with Priest, although I am very impressed with his 'Halford' band. His last tour was really almost like seeing Priest, plus Fight, plus Halford. The Halford lineup sounded exactly like Priest, at least to me it did. I'd only prefer they get back together IF they start from where they left off at Painkiller.

BTW: Halford is touring this weekend and next. This Sunday is at HOB in LA, and next Friday is at HOB in Animalheim.

Yeah, they would have to carry on in the Painkiller tradition for me, too. That has been a very influential album for many musicians, IMO, more than anything else they previously did. It definitely rocks the hardest.