What took so long?

MadeInNewJersey

nursing my wounds
Apr 15, 2002
The Ridge
www.discogs.com
From Blabbermouth.net:

"JUDAS PRIEST's TRAVIS: 'We Hope ROB HALFORD Rejoins The Band' - Jan. 23, 2003

JUDAS PRIEST drummer Scott Travis has publicly admitted that the group's Ripper Owens era is, for all intents and purposes, over. "We hope [former singer] Rob [Halford] rejoins the band so we can go out this summer, but part of the ball's in his court, so he's going to have to make a decision," he told Brave Words & Bloody Knuckles. It remains unclear if a reunited PRIEST would go it alone or pair up with another act, such as TWISTED SISTER or Sanctuary Artist Management stable-mates IRON MAIDEN."

No offense "Ripper," but I want my Judas Priest back!

WOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As good as Ripper was live, I didn't like his style of vocals on the last 2 albums. And also, even though he sounded great on the old classics, seeing Priest just wasn't quite the same without Rob!

That's too bad. I liked Ripper to a certain extent. Rob's new record tanked big time, but I don't think that's enough to make him come back to Priest. If he doesn't, this puts Priest in a Van Halen type situation, maybe even worse. JP barely sold 50,000 copies of their records(in their prime), Halford left & then they sold 10,000 or so units. That's sad. If Rob doesn't come back, will anyone buy anything with Judas Priest singer #3?! I doubt it.

Originally posted by sixxswine
JP barely sold 50,000 copies of their records(in their prime)

What are you talking about? 'British Steel,' 'Screaming For Vengeance,' 'Defenders Of The Faith,' 'Turbo,' 'Ram It Down,' and 'Painkiller' - what I would consider their prime - are all certified gold or platinum, in some cases multi-platinum.

Originally posted by markgugs
What are you talking about? 'British Steel,' 'Screaming For Vengeance,' 'Defenders Of The Faith,' 'Turbo,' 'Ram It Down,' and 'Painkiller' - what I would consider their prime - are all certified gold or platinum, in some cases multi-platinum.

I won't bother getting in a pissing match with one of the Raider Trekies. It's not worth my time. If you'd like to check for yourself look 'em up on the RIAA data base. I guess you mean platinum in Canada? Where's a gold disc is 250,000 units? Platinum is 500,000?! Platinum doesn't mean a Million copies in every country. Either way, your post was based on a mere rumor that BW&BK posted on their website & has since been removed.

Sunday's score: Tampa-31, Raiders-17:lol:

I would like to "check for myself" - do you have a link or something?

And this isn't a "pissing match" junior, grow the fuck up. Your Superbowl prediction is laughable and shows you know as little about sports as you do about music.

Who writes your material? Hope you didn't pay for it.
You can look up the site. I figure you can find a fellow "Trekie" that knows how to use a search engine. Good luck. HINT: RIAA.
Hope you didn't bet the house on your team. Or maybe I do.
Tampa-31 Raiders 17

Originally posted by union9
I hope Judas Priest does us all a favor and sink.

Like the god damn Titanic?!:lol:
I don't get why they went & issued another Live dics set?!
Those things don't sell & they'll probably sell like 8,000 copies in the U.S. alone. Hell they have the same amount of Live discs with Ripper as they do Studio records. There's no logic to this?!:devil:

Uhhhhh....as Markgugs pointed out, Priest have sold in the millions of records over their 30 year career. Fifty thousand records was probably how many they moved in the first couple weeks when Defenders and Turbo came out. Check your facts.

A friend did mention to me something interesting though. Perhaps they would want to start fresh in a new contract if (when) Rob rejoins. They're on Atlantic right now, and perhaps this second (unneeded from a fan's perspective) live album is a just to fulfill an album on their contract. I don't know how many albums their deal was for, but perhaps they're trying to get out of it, and a live album just gets them that much closer.

Originally posted by sixxswine

You can look up the site. I figure you can find a fellow "Trekie" that knows how to use a search engine. Good luck. HINT: RIAA.

Searching for riaa record sales "judas priest" on google gives me this link. Some excerpts:
The stage was set for a major breakthrough in 1980. British Steel, with "Breakin’ the Law," "Livin’ After Midnight,""Metal Gods," and "United" providing the momentum, became their first RIAA gold certification in the U.S., reaching #34

Judas Priest’s ascent to stadium-filling headliners ultimately began with the release of Screaming For Vengeance in 1982, their first RIAA platinum million seller in this country, reaching #17 and spending 53 weeks on the chart.

hey kept up the pace with 1984’s Defenders Of The Faith, which struck RIAA gold and hit #18 during its near-10 month stay in Billboard, largely on the strength of "Some Heads Are Gonna Roll."

Entering riaa "judas priest" platinum on google gives me
another link. You'll see "Screaming for Vengeance" there with a multi-platinum certification, and "Priest...Live!" with a gold certification.

Now it's up to you to provide some citations for your claims (which you should have done in the first place).

Originally posted by Starbreaker
A friend did mention to me something interesting though. Perhaps they would want to start fresh in a new contract if (when) Rob rejoins. They're on Atlantic right now, and perhaps this second (unneeded from a fan's perspective) live album is a just to fulfill an album on their contract. I don't know how many albums their deal was for, but perhaps they're trying to get out of it, and a live album just gets them that much closer.

The "new" live record wasn't issue under their Atlantic Records contract. It was issued by SPV/SteamHammer. The last one came out in the USA on CMC International. As for the record sales thing? I'll get the correct link from the friend that gave it to me. In the end you can believe what you want to believe. You can believe Halford is coming back or not. The fact is until they hold some kind of press conference with all of the members in the same room, I don't buy it.:lol: